• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Inc Owners -> X Owners

My inc is going back under the 30 day.
1) Screen only works when held by the side of the phone, grounding issue really bad.
2) Signal is always weak.
3) Call quality is poor.
4) No accessory support. I want a desk dock and real car dock.
5) Battery is pretty poor. Gets me through the day with light use but nothing more.

I like the larger screen on the X and will do a skin to make it stay as small as possible like the slim Inc.

Upvote 0
Thank you for not saying 1 or 5 ...i saw the x's 720p and it dont look much different then my inc.... and the pics are not as nice as the inc...moto uses crap
camera's

iPhone 4 Camera Against the World - a set on Flickr

Smartphone Camera Battle: iPhone 4 vs. the Android Army - PCWorld

Not doing a iphone comparison just showing these...the incredible pics are petter then the ipone so...

Well its not that I think it's crap I'm just not that interested in picture taking.:eek:
In the three years I've had a phone with a camera I've taken maybe 20 pictures. :(

I wonder how fast your sd card will fill up taking 720p videos.
What's the file save of a 20 minute video in 720p? Anyone know?

Upvote 0
The 720p on the X is the same as the 480p on the Incredible? LOL I'm sorry, I have the Incredible right now and I'm embarrassed to use its video recording. Don't even try comparing a 480p vs. 720p. The sound alone is HORRIBLE.

Pics are not as nice as the Inc? From what I've seen, the X is equal or better than my Incredible. Where are you looking at for X's photos?

EDIT: Umm... why are you showing an album of iPhone 4 photos? Everyone knows that iPhone 4 has the best camera...

Well I just shot some video and I have to say that while it looked good on the Dinc screen it was super grainy on a PC monitor:( It was in low light so maybe that's why but man it was bad. I'm now adding 1 an 5 :D

Upvote 0
Well its not that I think it's crap I'm just not that interested in picture taking.:eek:
In the three years I've had a phone with a camera I've taken maybe 20 pictures. :(

I wonder how fast your sd card will fill up taking 720p videos.
What's the file save of a 20 minute video in 720p? Anyone know?

Thats a good point..i know on my hd camcorder its like twice the space as standard..

Upvote 0
Lots of good info and mind you we are not taking shots of each other just trying to be critical of the hardware. If you are having trouble seeing the quailty difference between them in a clearcut way then they are pretty close. I have little to claim because I've never actually seen the X. So, I'm comparing the Inc to um nothing. Lol. The Inc appears to have about two or three mp of real data coming from the camera. For a phone that's pretty good.

My guess is that 720p mp4 takes about 3gig/hr depending on compression. I shoot hdv 1080 mp2 which runs 13gig/hr which is the capacity of a minidv tape.

Upvote 0
I loved my Dinc. I returned it today because of the larger screen on the X (I use reading glasses, so big is better), because of the call quality issues and because of not being able to see the screen in the sunlight.

The Dinc is an amazing phone, however.

Upvote 0
Well I just shot some video and I have to say that while it looked good on the Dinc screen it was super grainy on a PC monitor:( It was in low light so maybe that's why but man it was bad. I'm now adding 1 an 5 :D

65nM and Snapdragon are not a good mix for hidef output. The X with a 45nM chipset is reported to be better.

EVO folks get defensive when they see the EVO output sucks, but it is due to the Snapdragon, that is in several devices- not just theirs. Output sucks on big screens with all.

Upvote 0
Call quality sucks on the Dinc.
Randomly switches screens without being touched.
Can not see the display in sunlight

I am passed my thirty days so they are probably going to do nothing for me. I'll give it a try, but not holding my breath.

I took back my Inc on the 29th day I had it for these reasons. It also felt cheap and plasticky and after owning a Droid (which I went back to) I didn't want to have to over-baby the phone like I did with the Inc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones