• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incoming calls do not ring after upgrade to 2.2

First thing to check is the ringer volume. Seems obvious but better to start from the beginning.
It sounds like you have already checked the sound settings so the only thing I might test is if you are trying to use a custom ring tone and its not playing when getting an incoming call you might try a default ring tone just to make sure your ringtone isn't the problem.
After you double check the volume and the sound settings the next thing I would try is a phone reboot. Hold the "lock" button on the top of the phone while the phone is unlocked. Wait for it to give you the option to power off. Select Power Off. Wait for the phone to turn off. Then press the power button on the top of the phone again. Wait for it to boot up and test your ringer again. If that doesn't work I am not sure what it is.

You might call US Cell first but all those support roads at some point in time if you can't fix the issue will lead to a factory data reset. If you do this you lose all the data on the phone so it is usually a last resort. If the factory data reset doesn't fix it then I would say your phone would need to be taken into the store and they would decide what to do next.

Good Luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones