• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root installing metropcs prl to verizon lg ally. already rooted and on velocity

mimitattoo

Lurker
Dec 20, 2010
Hi, Im trying to flash my verizon lg ally to metro pcs....i have rooted the phone..i have installed the overclocked flash through velocity...I also download (what I think) is the latest Prl file to metro pcs...

My question is. What settings do I have to change on the phone in order to get it to work mms and internet on metro pcs....

And how do i Install the prl file..which I have already downloaded. Basically I need to know the final steps to installing metro pcs..so that when i dial *228 it takes me to metro service connection...not verizon.

Thank u!

Hi, Im trying to flash my verizon lg ally to metro pcs....i have rooted the phone..i have installed the overclocked flash through velocity...I also download (what I think) is the latest Prl file to metro pcs...

My question is. What settings do I have to change on the phone in order to get it to work mms and internet on metro pcs....

And how do i Install the prl file..which I have already downloaded. Basically I need to know the final steps to installing metro pcs..so that when i dial *228 it takes me to metro service connection...not verizon.

Thank u!

Even if you flashed the prl you would still need to get your esn in there system but if you still want to do it you can use qpst

1. make sure all your drivers are installed correctly
2. open up qpst configuration and if you dont see your phone click on add new port and it should come up it should say surf and have some numbers.
3.click on your device then the start client tab then on service programing.
4.make sure your phone is selected and click OK
5. click on read from phone qpst will then ask for service programing code(Verizon devices are set to 000000 by default so click ok.
6.click on the roam tab and under preferred roaming browse to your metro prl file. once you have selected it click write to phone it will write then your device will reset and Bam! hello hello hello.

also if you have a clean esn you can use your ally on Page Plus 1200 min 1200 text/pics and 50 megs data 29.99 yeah i know only 50 megs thats what WiFi is for.

as far as the web settings maybe someone else can help you because i have no clue.

you can also use qpst for web settings but ue at your own risk

sorry if i misspelled or left anything out im in a hurry.

Upvote 0
Even if you flashed the prl you would still need to get your esn in there system but if you still want to do it you can use qpst

1. make sure all your drivers are installed correctly
2. open up qpst configuration and if you dont see your phone click on add new port and it should come up it should say surf and have some numbers.
3.click on your device then the start client tab then on service programing.
4.make sure your phone is selected and click OK
5. click on read from phone qpst will then ask for service programing code(Verizon devices are set to 000000 by default so click ok.
6.click on the roam tab and under preferred roaming browse to your metro prl file. once you have selected it click write to phone it will write then your device will reset and Bam! hello hello hello.

also if you have a clean esn you can use your ally on Page Plus 1200 min 1200 text/pics and 50 megs data 29.99 yeah i know only 50 megs thats what WiFi is for.

as far as the web settings maybe someone else can help you because i have no clue.

you can also use qpst for web settings but ue at your own risk

sorry if i misspelled or left anything out im in a hurry.

hello i have an optimus s i have qpst and cdma workshop i just need to know what to do from here i will make a paypal donation to any help i get that works. please and thank you , luis.celis93@gmail.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones