• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installing the OTA 2.1 file

Isn't PRL - preferred roaming list?

This shouldn't have anything to do with the OS update itself at all. The PRL can be updated at any time by dialing *228, and selecting option 2.

Is that PRL must of us are reporting the most current one for the Eris in our markets? Or, has there since been a revision or one that is available to the OTA recipients?

Upvote 0
what im trying to figure out is what my sd card is called what i have to click on to get tithe root of it as well? btw also have hboot 1.47 on stock 1.5

You don't have to click on anything to get to the root. Just open it up within "My Computer". The first level is the "root" level.

It should be labeled something like "Removable Disk".

Upvote 0
Yes, they should be different. My theory (or should I say hunch) though is that everyone who is on v3 and has done the *228 option 2, is now on the same PRL, which is 51866, regardless of location

Not sure why, and not sure if this is causing any problems or not.

I have been on 51866 since my V3 leak install in early May and it has remained the same after several *228 attempts.

The roaming zone prl page shows the 51866-51893 PRLs as being issued starting on 4/30/2010.

I rarely have the 50% problem and only get it when I have the Google Maps Lattidue turned on. I turn it off and do the airplane and no probs again.

Upvote 0
...The phone will reboot with an exclamation point.

Press the POWER button and VOLUME UP at the same time, and you should be presented with a menu....

Yeah, this definitely does nothing. I'm very tech savy. I renamed the file update.zip and put it on my SD card. Got the exclamation point screen and it's just sitting there. I press the Power and volume up keys at the same time and nothing happens. I tried holding them, nothing. I tried pressing power + volume down, nothing. I tried pressing every combination of buttons I could think of, nothing. I can't get off this screen (without a battery pull).

Reactions: Mangomon
Upvote 0
mlUtM.jpg

v1 leak

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones