• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installing the OTA 2.1 file

tried to do what arothrock said, hangs up at the exclamation point screen, I had to pull the battery, wonder what I'm doing wrong?

I'm having the same issue. Once I get the exclamation point reboot screen, no combination of "Volume up" and "power/end" seems to do anything.

I am beginning to wonder if the problem lies with our sdcards? I have a sandisk 8gb.

Stock 1.5, HBOOT 1.47.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue. Once I get the exclamation point reboot screen, no combination of "Volume up" and "power/end" seems to do anything.

I am beginning to wonder if the problem lies with our sdcards? I have a sandisk 8gb.

Stock 1.5, HBOOT 1.47.

It seems more likely that the problem would lie within the file that was posted here..more so than our SD cards..

Upvote 0
Ok, so I think I may be on to something here. I think the v3 leak may have the PRL hard coded into the system and therefore potentially the cause of the 50% issue?

With the leak v3 - it seems everyone has the same PRL - 51866

My PRL prior to installing the leak was 51892 - not sure why it's different now

arothrock is now at 51893

If PRL is supposed to be location based, then v3 leakers around the country should have different PRLs...
I'm in NY
xxfrozen, where are you?
arothrock, where are you?

I'm on v.3 and my prl is 65132

And no update as yet

Upvote 0
The only other thing I can think of is before I got it to work, I was trying other stuff.

I did name it PB00IMG.zip and tried doing it that way. Pressed VOL down and power, it loaded PB00IMG.zip, It went through a progress bar, then just went back to the main screen. Nothing changed.

At this point, I renamed PB00IMG.zip to update.zip and tried the recovery method.

I didn't think this would have done anything, but maybe it did??? Give that a try.

Upvote 0
Just FYI, this is essentially the same process as the Motodroid update process from update.zip except with different buttons.

How to manually update your Droid to Android 2.1 | Android Central

Maybe reading through the comments on that page will help us. They do mention in the comments and in the post that the combination of buttons to get past the exclamation point screen is hard to get right, thought I can't seem to do it at all no matter what I do.

Oh, and btw, you can go directly into recovery mode from your phone being off by holding the power and volume up buttons. But I can't figure out how to get past the next screen (the exclamation point screen).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones