• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internal Storage Full

Manufacturer - ZOLO
Model - Q3000
Software version - 4.4.2 (KitKat)
Specifics of the problem - Internal storage full
Not rooted

So, I just got the "internal storage full" bubble on the status bar at the top, i thought maybe it's the built in storage (alternative to the SD card) and i may need to clean it up, i then connected it to my laptop and it turns out i haven't been using the Phone memory at all; so i have 12.6gb free of 12.7gb. MY SD card on the other hand is where all my music, photos etc etc like pretty much everything is stored and THAT too has around 1.75gb free out of 7.41gb... wtf is my device talking about when its saying my internal storage is full? and how do i solve this? P.s. there is also another storage apart from the two mentioned above which is 0.98GB (What is this? i really have no idea what this one is for)

Please help me out guys, i only have like 5 applications downloaded from google playstore and its already saying my storage is full; its seriously annoying. how to i make out more space (apart from moving everything i can to the sd card and deleting cache memory cuz iv already done those two)

Image 1: memory of the sd and phone memories
Image 2: screen shot of the internal storage

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Image 2.png
    Image 2.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 364
Delete some apps or clear the data from some of the apps you have.

The problem is that, as with a lot of budget Chinese phones, your phone still thinks it's 2011. Back in the days of Android 2.x phones would have separate /data (apps and app data) and /sdcard (media and files) partitions, meaning that the manufacturer had pre-allocate space for different things. With 4.0 Google introduced a scheme where both were mapped onto the same space, allowing you to use all of the internal storage for whatever mix of apps or media you wanted. But for reasons nobody knows many budget Chinese manufacturers ignore that and carry on like they are still running Gingerbread, keeping these partitions distinct and hence causing this problem for their users. To make it worse, a 1GB /data partition would have been small even in 2011!

Without root the only thing you can do is not buy from these clowns in future.

Upvote 0
Delete some apps or clear the data from some of the apps you have.

The problem is that, as with a lot of budget Chinese phones, your phone still thinks it's 2011. Back in the days of Android 2.x phones would have separate /data (apps and app data) and /sdcard (media and files) partitions, meaning that the manufacturer had pre-allocate space for different things. With 4.0 Google introduced a scheme where both were mapped onto the same space, allowing you to use all of the internal storage for whatever mix of apps or media you wanted. But for reasons nobody knows many budget Chinese manufacturers ignore that and carry on like they are still running Gingerbread, keeping these partitions distinct and hence causing this problem for their users. To make it worse, a 1GB /data partition would have been small even in 2011!

Without root the only thing you can do is not buy from these clowns in future.
okay that pretty much answers all my questions; the separate partition for apps and their data. thank you so much for clearing that out for me, and i think im gonna go out and buy me a new phone of get this one rooted haha, thanks alot man i appreciate this!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones