• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Internal Storage

You can get as close to 1.93 gb of free space with the use of "Repartition Internal Memory". The rest is only system available. So thats nothing but the truth.......LOL. Hope this helps. Cheers.
I can't get it to flash. I don't know what all I need to download. If I knew that and a bit for detail then I could get it.

Upvote 0
Try this, Make a backup with the newest TWRP, Download CM 12 AND GAPPS, Then install it with Philz Recovery (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img if you have not done it before, from download mode(Turn off phone and Vol UP + USB Cable to PC)). And after this follow my step by step instructions from here. If you cannot understand it in first reading, read it several times. Believe me its worth it. If you want the Repartition and don't want soft brick. Cheers.

Upvote 0
Try this, Make a backup with the newest TWRP, Download CM 12 AND GAPPS, Then install it with Philz Recovery (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img if you have not done it before, from download mode(Turn off phone and Vol UP + USB Cable to PC)). And after this follow my step by step instructions from here. If you cannot understand it in first reading, read it several times. Believe me its worth it. If you want the Repartition and don't want soft brick. Cheers.
Ok, thank you. Can I ask one question though. Is the partition coming from the cm12?

Upvote 0
Sorry, but I don't have the prerequisites to make the video tutorial, But I think @LitrosNub can help you with that. But It will surely take time. Meaning if you follow all the instructions before that. It would save your time. Cheers.
I cannot since I've never repartitioned the memory, and if I messed something up, I cannot do it again for these kind of things.

Reactions: Shahell Salvin Deo
Upvote 0
Sorry, but I don't have the prerequisites to make the video tutorial, But I think @LitrosNub can help you with that. But It will surely take time. Meaning if you follow all the instructions before that. It would save your time. Cheers.
Well I may not do it. I really need the space but im still not 100% understanding everything. I don't get what part of it is the partitioning. Also, if you make a TWRP back up, then change to philz, you can't use that backup with it. So if your ready to restore, how do you do so? If you need to charge back to TWRP, how? Just start the device after the wiping is such?

Upvote 0
Well I may not do it. I really need the space but im still not 100% understanding everything. I don't get what part of it is the partitioning. Also, if you make a TWRP back up, then change to philz, you can't use that backup with it. So if your ready to restore, how do you do so? If you need to charge back to TWRP, how? Just start the device after the wiping is such?
Yeah that's what I thought also, I think you should go with Link2SD. Buy Link2SD Plus. You will save more Internal space as after that you can transfer all the app or game files to SD card 2nd partition. But I would recommend you a bigger SD card for this preferably a 32gb class 10. With 8gb 2nd partition and the rest normal fat32 partition.

Upvote 0
Yeah that's what I thought also, I think you should go with Link2SD. Buy Link2SD Plus. You will save more Internal space as after that you can transfer all the app or game files to SD card 2nd partition. But I would recommend you a bigger SD card for this preferably a 32gb class 10. With 8gb 2nd partition and the rest normal fat32 partition.
Ok

Upvote 0
No, its actually a DEV partition. Which was first made compatible for CM12 and also CM11. And I first repartitioned it on CM12 and then flawlessly upgraded it to CM12.1.
Hai. Yes I'm back on this subject. I just need to know, I'm to use the normal cm 12 found on the page? Will the partioningtool in the l90 topic be used at all?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones