• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Android recovery <3e>

D

Deleted User

i just got the galaxy s4 2 weeks ago and its my first android so i dont really know how to use it. today, the battery completely died and when i charged it, it booted into recovery mode <3e>. i dont know how to get out of it and i am starting to get worried. after playing around with the power button, i was able to get to the battery screen (with 5 dots under it) but when i try to turn it on from there, it goes back to recovery mode. the phone is rooted so i dont know if its because of that. please help

this is what it looks like http://www.jayceooi.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-2-Recovery-Mode.jpg

when i select "reboot system now" it just goes back to the same thing

I haven't a clue sorry,I don't do Macs! If you can get a pc then you'll be ok. Or if you have an external sd card, assuming the recovery you have is cwm, then you could probably flash a custom Rom.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2283194

That one would probably work ok, place it on sd card through computer, then put sd back in phone. Boot into recovery mode (volume up, home and power) then select install from sd

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Options are

1. Flash stock firmware, downloaded from Sam mobile, through Odin on a pc. If you select this version let me know.

2. As you are rooted, and the picture you showed suggests you have a custom recovery at least(most likely cwm) then you should be able to flash a custom Rom. By all means choose any(omega would be a possibility, or wanamlite) this link is wanamlite

WanamLite XXUAME2 V1.0 Android JB 4.2.2 Clean & Stable -

the zip file to download onto sd card, insert card, boot into recovery, install zip, choose zip from sdcard, and navigate to the folder you put the zip file on.select it and it'll do the work for you!

Upvote 0
Firstly you want to make sure you have the correct drivers installed for your phone, unfortunately you will have to do a search for them yourself as it's not your pc they won't be installed already.

Then you open Odin and follow this guide I copied(because it's a stock Rom and not just a kernel your flashing, you'll need to replace the .tar file with a .md5 file as seen in the file downloaded from Sam mobile. If in doubt it'll probably be the one that has the biggest file size....

With Odin displayed on your PC screen, click on the PDA button and navigate to the .tar file, that you placed on your home screen, and select it.

Make sure that Re-Partition is unchecked and that Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time and PDA are checked and that the PDA box now contains your .tar file.

#2.3. Step 3.

Connect your phone, still in Download mode, to the PC using the USB lead. If you have successfully connected to Odin you should see the ID:COM box in Odin turn yellow or light blue, (depending on which version of Odin you are using).

#2.4. Step 4.

In Odin click the Start button and you should see a green progress bar above ID:COM and shortly after that the box above it will turn green with the word PASS! in it and your phone will automatically reboot.

As I said,I copied the final parts from another guide(on rooting rather than flashing stock Rom, but it's the same thing just different files selected!)

Good luck :)

Upvote 0
im not sure what just happen, i took out my camera to video tape the recover screen and something else happened. it brought me to a screen saying android is upgrading, optimizing app x of 152. then it turn on, and everything is working fine!! thank you so much sntaylor!! you're my hero!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones