• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] HTC logo into working button (requires root)

grmln

May 24, 2012
saw this video on youtube where this guy flashed a kernel from TeamSeven that turned the HTC logo on the HTC One, into a capacitive button...
link is here
HTC One - HTC Logo Button Hack & How To - YouTube

im just wondering if it was possible why didnt HTC include it in the 1st place :thinking:
because im not a fan of tht "3 dot" menu bar thats present on the bottom of my screen.
i hope they will fix this with the coming updates :)
fingers crossed lol

By the way, it only works on 4.1.2 stock or sense-based custom ROMs, it will bootloop on 4.2.1.

Ok so the ROM i installed was google play edition to have the 4.2.2 and nexus experience.... does doing away with HTC sense have anything to do with it not working? Because twice i tried flashing it and it installed and everything but when it prompted a reboot it just turned black so i had to restore my backup both times....

Guessing it wont work on my ROM then huh

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones