[International] HTC logo into working button (requires root)

Last Updated:

1. grmln

grmln Member

saw this video on youtube where this guy flashed a kernel from TeamSeven that turned the HTC logo on the HTC One, into a capacitive button...
    link is here
    HTC One - HTC Logo Button Hack & How To - YouTube

im just wondering if it was possible why didnt HTC include it in the 1st place :confused:
    because im not a fan of tht "3 dot" menu bar thats present on the bottom of my screen.
    i hope they will fix this with the coming updates :)
    fingers crossed lol

Advertisement
    JustinR1 and scotty85 like this.
  2. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

It's sort of a gimmick.
    The area just above the button is touch sensitive.
    The logo itself isnt.

They will not be enabling this unless they change the digitizer.. and I don't see that happening.
    grmln and scotty85 like this.
  3. lordemperor

lordemperor Member

Just enabled this with teamseven's kernel. The touchable space is about 3mm tall from the visible edge of the screen and about 2cm wide. It works intuitively enough if I don't think about it.
    grmln likes this.
  4. grmln

grmln Member

Otherwise how is it? Any bugs or problems?
  5. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Well-Known Member

By the way, it only works on 4.1.2 stock or sense-based custom ROMs, it will bootloop on 4.2.1.
    JustinR1 and grmln like this.
  6. grmln

grmln Member

Thts good to knw
  7. JustinR1

JustinR1 Member

Ok so the ROM i installed was google play edition to have the 4.2.2 and nexus experience.... does doing away with HTC sense have anything to do with it not working? Because twice i tried flashing it and it installed and everything but when it prompted a reboot it just turned black so i had to restore my backup both times....

Guessing it wont work on my ROM then huh
  8. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Yes, that will be the problem - the Google Edition ROM's kernel will be quite different from a Sense one. There would have to be a different version of the patch for it to work.
    clsA likes this.