• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internet access not working with Firefox, Browser - Works with Chrome

I have the LG G3 running on the Sprint network. When I got the phone a couple of months ago, I installed Firefox. That is the browser I always used and it worked fine on my phone. I do not use it often, but was going out of town this week-end and wanted to use Mapquest. To my surprise when I try to use Firefox or the Browser which came on the G3, I get a message saying "The proxy server is refusing connections". I can access any site using Chrome. I also can no longer access the Google Play Store or Gmail. Both originally worked. I spent two hours at Sprint and their only solution was to reset my phone to factory condition.

Has anyone had this problem and solved it? If so, I do appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones