• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Internet Connection

kingjay2012

Android Enthusiast
May 2, 2011
I'm pretty sure everybody know i have cm7 09132011, i have been encountering internet connection problems for the longest, my 3g is up on my notification, my data is enabled and I'm not connected to Wi-fi. I don't know why its doing that and trust me, i am very experienced with phone. If its consistently doing that then ill give cricket a call, but could there be any other problems that i don't know of?

I'm pretty sure everybody know i have cm7 09132011, i have been encountering internet connection problems for the longest, my 3g is up on my notification, my data is enabled and I'm not connected to Wi-fi. I don't know why its doing that and trust me, i am very experienced with phone. If its consistently doing that then ill give cricket a call, but could there be any other problems that i don't know of?

not to my knowledge but i had similar in the past so i call 611 and had my data reset, and i was good to go and also you might want to check and see if your area is down...

Upvote 0
how do i go about seeing if my area is down? every time i dial *611 they keep telling me i have to come into a cricket store, does me moving to a different state that has cricket service make a difference or does it interfere with my service you know of?

moving to another state will not affect your service unless your not in their coverage area, but what i normally do is look on there facebook and normall peoples will post about there service not working and the area they are in, but dont know about cricket, you should demand them to refresh your service or signal...and also you can remove the battery for about 5 minutes and recheck and see if problem is solved.

Upvote 0
Hi,

My name is Danny on behalf of Cricket Wireless.

We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the internet on your phone. If you have moved out of state, that is probably the reason you internet is not working. In the event you have moved, you'll need to go to a full service corporate Cricket store to get your information transferred and get you setup on a local network.

Alternatively, if you haven't moved, the way to reset your phone is dialing *228 (Send). This will only work if you're in the state you purchased and setup your phone in.

Thank you,
Danny on behalf of Cricket Wireless

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Hi,

My name is Danny on behalf of Cricket Wireless.

We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the internet on your phone. If you have moved out of state, that is probably the reason you internet is not working. In the event you have moved, you'll need to go to a full service corporate Cricket store to get your information transferred and get you setup on a local network.

Alternatively, if you haven't moved, the way to reset your phone is dialing *228 (Send). This will only work if you're in the state you purchased and setup your phone in.

Thank you,
Danny on behalf of Cricket Wireless

^^^I think he made an account just to answer this. And I was waiting for "Well your SOL because you are flashed" but it never came.....Nice!

Upvote 0
^^^I think he made an account just to answer this. And I was waiting for "Well your SOL because you are flashed" but it never came.....Nice!

I honestly don't think CRICKET cares if you've flashed an unofficial ROM,as long as you don't ask for warranty service on a flashed phone.
Quite the contrary,they probably welcome the extra business they pick up from flashed DROIDS,EVO'S,DX'S,etc.........

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones