• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPad 2 GPS with Android tether?

iPad2 wifi only does not do GPS natively but will if tethered to an iPhone. I've seen several people on the forum also have IP2s and are tethering from their Android phones. Can any of you comment on whether GPS works via this method as well? Thanks!

I know this is an old post, but didn't see any answers. Is there a way to use the GPS from my Galaxy S2 on my iPad 2? I use "Foxfi" to tether the two devices, but how can I access the phone's GPS after tethering? I CAN'T tether however, if I don't have a strong data signal on my phone (in the mountains). At times like this, is there a way to access the GPS only?

Also, a little off topic, but any recommendations on a good GPS nav app for the iPad?

Thanks,
Dave

Upvote 0
iPad2 wifi only does not do GPS natively but will if tethered to an iPhone. I've seen several people on the forum also have IP2s and are tethering from their Android phones. Can any of you comment on whether GPS works via this method as well? Thanks!

I know this is an old post, but didn't see any answers. Is there a way to use the GPS from my Galaxy S2 on my iPad 2? I use "Foxfi" to tether the two devices, but how can I access the phone's GPS after tethering? I CAN'T tether however, if I don't have a strong data signal on my phone (in the mountains). At times like this, is there a way to access the GPS only?

Also, a little off topic, but any recommendations on a good GPS nav app for the iPad?

Thanks,
Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones