• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone 5 versus Android

If Apple wants to argue that the Galaxy S line resembles the iPhone, what do they have to say about the new iPod Nano's resemblance to the Lumia?

Nano.jpeg

Forget the Lumia - this hilarious picture tipped by our pal IOWA!

tDwSF.png

:rofl:

Any questions?

Upvote 0

The article also states that other designs don't target VFPv4 support.

That's not true at all, only true for other Cortex architectures. Source? Same guys.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5559/...mance-preview-msm8960-adreno-225-benchmarks/2

And many of us already run the S4. Fine processor indeed. ;) Used in US SGS3 and HTC One X phones.

The Apple A6 is likely to excel at graphics. Can't take that away, but its importance will vary by user.

Once again, the truth is not as sensational as the blogosphere would suggest.

The S4 is also custom, not ARM Cortex.

Upvote 0
Front panel design? And app layout? Really? Do they both have black bezel? Sure, but the Fascinate also has Verizon stamped across the front and doesn't have just one physical button. The jury in the case was ridiculous to say that these are similar enough to approve damages over.

Also thats a fugly widget :p

The real problem was the Samsung memo where they talk about changing their phones to make them more like the iPhone -- it was a smoking gun.

As for looking similar, I've had a problem with patent and copyright laws that way for a long time. Apple was given patents that should never have been issued. It is sad that Samsung's lawyers weren't more on the ball and key pieces of evidence were submitted late.

Upvote 0
And here is the response from an Apple fan. For starters its pathetic IMO:
Actually it seems a very mixed message. The list for iP5 is longer, because they say a load of software features which of course the SGS3 has equivalents of, and the top and bottom slogans seem pro Apple. But on every common spec point apart from weight the SGS3 seems to win, and the wording of some of them ("A totally different plug" vs "Standard micro-USB plug") seems intended to emphasise the superiority of the Galaxy. So I'm trying to work out whether this is meant to be ironic or not?

Yeah, probably not, but it doesn't make its point well either way.

Upvote 0
Actually it seems a very mixed message. The list for iP5 is longer, because they say a load of software features which of course the SGS3 has equivalents of, and the top and bottom slogans seem pro Apple. But on every common spec point apart from weight the SGS3 seems to win, and the wording of some of them ("A totally different plug" vs "Standard micro-USB plug") seems intended to emphasise the superiority of the Galaxy. So I'm trying to work out whether this is meant to be ironic or not?

Yeah, probably not, but it doesn't make its point well either way.

That's why I said it was kind of pathetic (maybe weak was a better word choice), because those stuff it mentioned aren't really things that put it over the SIII because it has them as well, or their equivalents. Notice that they have "panorama" there, No never mind that my Galaxy S1 has had that ever since Froyo. Maybe some better informed Fanboy will make a better counter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones