• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iphone 5 vs Android

I'm an iPhone user since 2008 but I honestly think it's the software side (iOS) that needs upgrading more than the hardware. I don't see how a faster processor or more RAM is going to make for a better experience. I can't see them making significant changes to the screen either (it's already excellent IMO.) After playing with a Droid X I want a 4.3" screen now so the Droid Bionic is really tempting me.

Upvote 0
I think they all do their job well, I hope there are Tegra 2 android devices soon.

Atrix is already out and has tegra 2. So will droid bionic for verizon.
nvidia plans to have a new tegra 2 to come out this spring and tegra 3 in the fall. Of course, it will be a while before we actually see phones/tablets based on those chips.
tegra,R-G-278332-3.jpg

Reactions: Tempusfugit
Upvote 0
I'm an iPhone user since 2008 but I honestly think it's the software side (iOS) that needs upgrading more than the hardware. I don't see how a faster processor or more RAM is going to make for a better experience. I can't see them making significant changes to the screen either (it's already excellent IMO.) After playing with a Droid X I want a 4.3" screen now so the Droid Bionic is really tempting me.

I have to agree with this. As long as Apple don't let their hardware fall too far behind the curve, their software is the thing they need to work on. It's even starting to look outdated with just a screen full of icons and all the fisher price colours they use (like in the texting chat bubbles or the call/hangup button).

Never had an iphone btw, but I did have an ipod touch.

Upvote 0
i cant say i hate the iphone, they did a few things right with it, like screen resolution. not size, but resolution. mostly i hate the blind users of all apple products that are too scared to try something else because it is different, everything of theirs is overpriced, and android this past year has taken hold of an equal share of the market of smartphone users between apple, and blackberry. This number is only going to increase, i think manufactures and maybe the carriers are going to start realizing they need to push updates quicker to customers so we continue to buy their products. Also with "ice cream sandwich" in the works, and honeycomb already on the xoom, this year is very promising for android as an OS, and that is just in the upcoming months, who will know what version we will be on by say October of this year, or what the specs in the phone that is running it will be.

Upvote 0
I say get an iphone if you want something that you don't have to think twice about as soon as it cones out of the box.

However;
If you're slightly technologically inclined, and you're willing to put the time into making something yours, Android is head over heels the better option. If the time is available, and you're willing to spend some time getting it perfect, I would recommend android everyday of the week. If not, cookie cutter phones would be best for you.

Upvote 0
This misconception that the iPhone is easier than Android i find misleadingly false. Even we as Android users tend to tell others to go with an iPhone if you want something easy and don't require much thought. It take a little time to get to know any new device one gets but if one can read and be patient you will find its not that complicated like many make it to be.

Reactions: novox77
Upvote 0
The sad thing is that most users have no clue about phones and are willing to pay $$$ only "because it is an iphone"...

I would say that people who have no clue about smartphones have heard of the iPhone, but not anything else. I was like that when I first wanted to get a smartphone. I did some asking and found out there were other offerings other than iPhones (and BlackBerrys which I knew about, but did not like the form factor).

My father-in-law needed a new phone and just chose the iPhone because he heard of it and I think someone else at his work showed one to him. He's not one to look into the technology more and he's quite happy with it. When he's not, he gets me to fix it for him.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones