• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is A Galaxy S Worth Flashing?

I found it more important when the official 2.2 update wasn't out. Everyone was jumping from 2.1 to 2.2. Now it's 2.2 to 2.2.1.

The main reason was getting rid of unwanted apps, freeing up more ram, inbuilt lagfixes etc, custom home screens, custom CPU speed profiles etc. All in all and this is really this is just my opinion; It's not worth the hassle. Root+lagfix and you should be happy enough.

Upvote 0
It all depends really.

How much of a hardcore epic geek are you???

Im very much a hardcore epic geek lmao

I have played around with a mates Samsung Galaxy S with Darky`s 7.0 flashed and I can`t beleive how fast and well it work, just not played around with a stock Samsung Galaxy S so I don`t really know the differance.

I know Darky`s rom does inprove a lot of things like battery drain, gps fix and other thing tho

Upvote 0
Darky's rom is well worth it.

I flashed it last night (7.6) (first time flashing a custom rom) and I'm simply blown away. I was originally running official 2.2 with the One Click Lag Fix, but decided to take the plunge into the XDA world last night, and I'm so glad I did.

I would highly recommend anyone to go for it, its very simple and took me about 15 mins.

It feels like a new phone, seriously!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones