• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it impossible to restore a "rooted android" back to the original factory setting?

I guess many ppls asked online about the same question but none of them got the answer, probably because ppls'd mistaken it... so i would put it this way by history

Day 01 New Bought Android = "Original Factory Setting" with "factory root"

Day 02 Installed market or nonmarket apps = "no original factory setting" with "factory root"

Day 03 Factory Reset = "Original Factory Setting" with "factory root"

Day 04 Rooted the android = "no original factory setting" with "no factory root"

Day 05 Is it impossible to return the phone to the status of "Day 01" or "Day 03"?

Not entirely sure what you mean by Factory Root? It came pre-rooted? I'm slightly confused because of what you say re. day 4.

A lot of handsets can be returned to stock, yes. HTC's have RUU's, an exe file ran from your PC which wipes the phone clean and installs the OS from scratch. Samsung have images that can be flashed with Odin/Kies (I believe), Nexus devices have factory images directly from Google themselves. I'm sure other manufacturers have the same.

How you return to stock differs by manufacturer.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
yes.. you can returm MOST smartphones back to factory (un-rooted) condition.
you just have to search about the un-root procedure for you particular phone. then you also have to find the official RUU for your phone to install the factory OS/settings.

but some phones will put a note in the system .. that the phone was modifide in the past. some manufactures RMA departments might notice this and void your warranty.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones