• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this right?

Louvit

Dec 8, 2012
FLORIDA
battery issues but I notice the Android system is useing over 90& see pic if it appears ner here..lol, un rooted phone not many apps running

Attachments

• Photo_00002.jpg
    Photo_00002.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Photo_00001.jpg
    Photo_00001.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 66
That is not right. I just had a phone that had that same issue. A Huawei mercury. On the days that would happen, my battery would drain 2 or 3 times faster than normal if not more. No matter what I was, or was not doing with the phone. I had too keep auto sync, background data, maps, and play store off at ALL times to slow this down. It was bs. I've never had or seen another phone do this. You should either never see Android System in the battery use screen, or at least never anywhere near the top.

I switched phones, and once again I'm back to normal. I have an HTC One v, and just like I'm use to the Android system never gets above like 3 to 5 percent. I have my background data on, my auto sync on for all my app including email, and I'm just fine now battery lasts all day easily. If you have just gotten this phone recently I would attempt to either exchange it and see how the other 1 works for get your money back and try a different phone. That is definitely not right.

Upvote 0
I personally don't know of a real fix. Like I said I just had to keep background data totally off and force close play store every time I booted up. It's not a huge deal, you just don't get notifications from email or like Twitter. I just had to check email myself periodically by opening the app. I would check.battery often and as soon as I saw Android system creeping up I'd restart the phone and make sure things were off, and it would usually be ok for the rest of the day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones