• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issue with time and location change on VZ network extender

robh19

Lurker
May 31, 2010
A weird thing started happening on my TB last week. When I go to the basic phone app (Sense), once I make a call, when it starts ringing, two things happen:
1. The time on my local clock (top right hand corner) moves ahead 6 hours (ex: it's 7:00pm now, it changes to 1:00am instantly)
2. When I go to the Home page during a call, the location in the weather app changes to Kitwe

TB with Sense, not rooted. Using a Verizon network extender.

I just tested it and this appears to happen only when the extender is activated for a call. I'm thinking the phone somehow gets time/location from the network and when it jumps on the extender it's VOIP.

Any thoughts on this? Strange behavior, I could call Verizon but I think I know what they are going to say (or not say).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones