• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issues when wifi/bluetooth is enabled on device

Nirot2023

Lurker
Jul 28, 2023
I recently purchased a Yumkem T13 tablet, running android 10 go, as a non working unit. I have been able to reset the device in recovery mode and it seems to work until I try to enable wifi or Bluetooth. As soon as I turn these on the device crashes almost instantly and I have to reset it again in recovery or it crashes as soon as it reaches the home screen on startup. I looked around for a custom rom to determine if it is a software issue but I couldn't find a compatible one. Has anyone run into this issue before and know a fix?

its a cheap tablet with android go, i would not expect much in performance. your issues sounds about right for this device. you can try factory resetting it again or move on. and you are not going top find a custom rom because there is not one. at the moment there is no development community to support the device. if you recently purchased it brand new. i would either return it or exchange it.

Upvote 0
its a cheap tablet with android go, i would not expect much in performance. your issues sounds about right for this device. you can try factory resetting it again or move on. and you are not going top find a custom rom because there is not one. at the moment there is no development community to support the device. if you recently purchased it brand new. i would either return it or exchange it.
I did not purchase the device new but I do want to try and correct the issue. I don't need a custom rom necessarily the main thing I am trying to do is make the device functional again. Besides this issue it's in good shape and I would like to prevent it from becoming e-waste. Any ideas on ways to fix this issue would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
the problem with off brand devices is that the manufactures do not even offer support. what you need is a firmware update to flash, but good luck finding one. if the manufacture does not offer one than you are pretty much SOL.....especially if a factory reset does not fix the issue.

if this was a samsung or moto device, then those are easy to fix by flashing a new firmware. and those are really easy to find......just saying.

Upvote 0
the problem with off brand devices is that the manufactures do not even offer support. what you need is a firmware update to flash, but good luck finding one. if the manufacture does not offer one than you are pretty much SOL.....especially if a factory reset does not fix the issue.

if this was a samsung or moto device, then those are easy to fix by flashing a new firmware. and those are really easy to find......just saying.
I get that it would be easier on another device but I got this tablet and a donor tablet for it. What I'm trying to do now is connect it to the internet over usb to see if I can get a software update for it to try and correct the issue. Are you aware of any software that could do this?

Upvote 0
If a Factory Reset won't solve this WiFi and Bluetooth issue, you don't have a lot of options left.
This is budget-class tablet running a Go version of Android -- two significant drawbacks. Being an off-brand tablet the odds are there will never be any long-term support by the manufacturer nor by third-party ROM developers, and on top of that Android Go versions are Google's half-hearted attempt to provide a working operating system for below-spec mobile devices.

Your efforts to find a magic fix for this tablet is likely to fail, it's a tablet that by design is not intended to have very much if any long-term customer support. I'd suggest you drop it off at a local recycling facility and instead focus on buying something that you don't have to struggle with just to use.
Or how recently did you purchase this tablet? If it's still covered by a warranty return it. The expectation is it should be fully functional as is, unless the seller did expressly state there's a problem with it.
If budget is a factor in finding a replacement, try looking at an Amazon Fire tablet. FIreOS is Amazon's user interface that runs on top of basic Android kernel.. There's a lot of Amazon branding but that also results in lower costs for very usable tablets. An equivalent to your Yumkem tablet would be something like this Amazon Fire 10". It's a refurbished by its manufacturer tablet (warranty same as new) on sale for $110:

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones