• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues with GTA 3 (wont run)

rsarno

Thank Me, Im Irish!
Jun 6, 2010
i bought the game and im beyond my refund period, but it wont load past the loading screen

i see all the game characters there on the loading screen, for the last 45min. I have already uninstalled and re installed the game.

Now what? This thing cost me $5 and theres no way Rockstar will refund me. am i screwed?

I really wanted this game :(

I did some searches and apparently this has been a common prob among many android devices. I ran out of time to find a fix but one person said they power cycled after install and it worked after trying to open a couple of times.

Not sure what logic is behind this, but cant hurt i suppose lol

thanks will give this a try tomorrow!

Upvote 0
I had issues with this as well.

The game files download actually bombed out at 88% for me but the game thought it had all the files, and hence wouldn't open properly. After I had cleared the files out, re-downloaded, I had to reboot the tablet to get it to run. Now works perfectly.

So yeah, try redownloading the files if a reboot on its own fails and watch the loading bar when it get near completion for download failure's, (mine actually failed 3 times...crappy rockstar server...).

Upvote 0
Seems like rebooting did the trick for the most part. Now i can actually play it and finish 1 or 2 missions, but then it just closes itself.

No error msg or anything, it just disappears.

is this how everybody's is? or is there something else i should do? Id like to be able to play it for an hour or so with no interruptions.

Upvote 0
mine is fine, in fact i had it connected to my tv over hdmi and played using an xbox controller for almost 2 hours the other night (until the wife complained)...oh the memories...

im sorry to hear you are having a problem, and i am sorry i cannot begin to offer a solution since i cannot replicate, but good luck

Upvote 0
I have only had one issue with the game getting stuck on the load screen, clearing the cache and a reboot sorted it for me. I do feel it may have to do with a corrupt autosave file so i loaded an actual save and got it to create a new autosave location.

Biggest issue i have are the crap controls, anything outside the car and im screwed. You just cannot aim! Who the fk thought it was a good idea to stick the camera button in the middle of the screen?! Rockstar support is a joke too, easy to submit, but you have to create an account to see fictitious replys to tickets! Grr, this game angers me.

Upvote 0
I take it you did not buy the dock rsarno?

What you need to do is this as the hold menu button method does not work on the Prime:
xda-developers - View Single Post - cheats gta 3 android

Let us know how you get on.

I saw that post but i thought i needed Root?

EDIT, no this is not what i saw. I saw one called GamersKeyboard or something? lets you pull up a keyboard over any game.

I cannot do this wifi keyboard because when i am playing the game i am on the train, no access to wifi or another pc :(

No, i dont have the Dock

Upvote 0
Trying going to GTA under Settings->Apps and Clear Data---Clear Cache. See if that helps. I read that as a possible solution when I looked yesterday. BTW...that was on another Android phone that it worked...not the Prime. It seems to work for a lot of Android broken apps across platforms though.

this worked! I played for about 90min straight. thanks!

Upvote 0
Best of luck with this game rsarno. I just got to the dam missions and the menu's have gone screwy - noway to save or restart if you die.

This is an uninstall for me, had enough.

Hmm mine seems to be fine now. I did the redownload, the clear data, clear cache, and reboot stuff.

played again this morning

tho i have to say on the tablet itself the game is extremely limited. i just sit on the subway and stand in one spot to baseball bat people to death and collect their money. then a cop comes and i kill him, then i run lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones