• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

It looks like ICS leak .238 is out

Can you go from 6.7.235 to 6.7.238 to 6.7.235 or are you stuck at 6.7.238 once you go there?

... Thom

From what I've read it's locked just like 235 was so its not recommended to flash this version just yet. I think some of the people who went ahead and flashed 335 have worked out a method to move up here Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

This looks to be a long drawn procedure and it's recommended most people stay on .232 for now. I'm not sure if you can go from 238 to 235 but why would you really want to? What you can't do is fxz back to 905 where you need to be when the OTA comes out, only follow the guide in the link above.
It's a long drawn out thread and haven't had time to read over it all but recommend everyone stay away from 235 a known dead end and 238 for now.

Upvote 0
What I'm trying to learn is that from everyone's experience, is 16 a normal amount of test builds before one released on average to a phone or is this unusually high or is it like 50?

I don't think it relates to much.

If you look at the releases on the Bionic they were 95 days, 52 days, 124 days with an average of 90 days.

If you add that to the last release on June 13 you get ICS on ...
August 4 to October 15 with an average of September 11.

Stuff usually comes out on a Thursday.

... Thom

Upvote 0
You can go from .238-.235 but not back to .905.

But the question should be Would there be a good reason to go from .238 back to .235?
it's diffidently not going to be the OTA and is a dead end, we'll have to see about .238 but I wouldn't flash it at least until I stare hearing about a soak test.

To better understand how the locking works.

... Thom

If anyone want's to better understand how locking works do yourself a favor and read the entire thread linked to below before using .235 or .238. It's pretty much a running history of the Bionic ICS leaks and why not to use .235 or above until ICS is rolled out OTA because of the new security version they use. If you do want to take the plunge make sure you have all the need files to get back on the upgrade path and a general understanding of what you need to do first. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/214902-downgrade-902-no-app-data-loss.html

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0
I don't think it relates to much.

If you look at the releases on the Bionic they were 95 days, 52 days, 124 days with an average of 90 days.

If you add that to the last release on June 13 you get ICS on ...
August 4 to October 15 with an average of September 11.

Stuff usually comes out on a Thursday.

... Thom
I didn't mean how often they come out, I know there's no correlation to that as they only do updates when needed.

What I was asking was about how many different test builds on average of an update do they make before the final one is released.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones