• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Its FRIDAY, FRIDAY, FRIDAY!!! The 13th

My mother was born on Sept 13, and sometimes her birthday falls on a Friday. My mom always tells the story of her 16th birthday party, as a way to illustrate the bad that can happen on a Friday the 13th. She had her 16th birthday party in the loft (second floor) of her family's barn. There was a hole in the middle of the floor where you could climb down the ladder to get to the ground floor. She had put a chair over the hole, so none of her friends would accidentally fall through the hole. There was drinking going on at the party, so she was worried someone would drunkenly fall through the hole. Her little sister Amy, came upstairs to the loft to hang out with the "big kids", she was 5 or 6 years old. Of course she forgets why the chair is there, and sits on it. The chair falls through to the first floor, and Amy is screaming at the top of her lungs. My mother being a snotty 16 year old, didn't care that her sister was hurt. Amy kept complaining that her arm hurt. My mom drug Amy all the way home, tugging on her hurt arm, saying "comon' it doesn't hurt that bad". When they got home, my mom pushed Amy in the door and went back to her party. Of course later that night when my drunk mother got home, she found out that Amy had broken her arm, and my mom was in big trouble for not even telling her mother what happened.

Reactions: Rachel A
Upvote 0
Ok guys I thought this is the perfect thread to share why I will never be surprised in my life. I will also tell my future girl friend who will eventually become a wife or one of them never to give me anything as a surprise. On Friday the 13th today was asleep and was taking a nap at like 5PM - was up really early and did some exercise as well so I thought I'd do that - I woke up walked downstairs on my town house to grab a glass of water from the fridge.

What do you know my neighbors ring the door and they tell me my house is on fire. Since I am foreign from Eastern Europe - I thought to myself "Most Americans are scared of little fire but still lets take a look." What I find out is that most of the outer wall of my house is up in flames and it gets really close to the gas meter. I AM LIKE OMG THIS SHIT WILL BLOW UP. What do I do go back into my house to get my important documents.

Turns out some supid kids were playing on the side of my house messing with my gutters and created a smoke bomb in them and let it smolder until it let the very dry grass catch fire. Seriously I was on the phone with the insurance company for 2 hours afterwards because when the fire department put out the fire they used so much water it went down so fast that it got into the foundation and now my basement has water in it.

In the end I am OK - my computer is ok my dog is ok and I am extremely pissed!!!! Just thought I'd share this with you!

Upvote 0
Ok guys I thought this is the perfect thread to share why I will never be surprised in my life. I will also tell my future girl friend who will eventually become a wife or one of them never to give me anything as a surprise. On Friday the 13th today was asleep and was taking a nap at like 5PM - was up really early and did some exercise as well so I thought I'd do that - I woke up walked downstairs on my town house to grab a glass of water from the fridge.

What do you know my neighbors ring the door and they tell me my house is on fire. Since I am foreign from Eastern Europe - I thought to myself "Most Americans are scared of little fire but still lets take a look." What I find out is that most of the outer wall of my house is up in flames and it gets really close to the gas meter. I AM LIKE OMG THIS SHIT WILL BLOW UP. What do I do go back into my house to get my important documents.

Turns out some supid kids were playing on the side of my house messing with my gutters and created a smoke bomb in them and let it smolder until it let the very dry grass catch fire. Seriously I was on the phone with the insurance company for 2 hours afterwards because when the fire department put out the fire they used so much water it went down so fast that it got into the foundation and now my basement has water in it.

In the end I am OK - my computer is ok my dog is ok and I am extremely pissed!!!! Just thought I'd share this with you!
Where do you live now? Your friends house?

Upvote 0
Just watch out for saturday the 14th.

Please don't say that! There was a BADDDD movie back in 1981 by the same name. I was 17 at the time, and it's the only movie I've REALLY wanted my money back. Horrible! I can't even hear Richard Benjamin's name without getting a little upset that I never got my couple of bucks back.

When I saw the title of this thread, I had to jump in here to call y'all a bunch of triskaidekaphobics. That's such a weird superstition. Delivering in buildings, there are more times than not that floor 13 had been omitted. Just strange how prominate that superstition is in our society.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones