• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root JRummy Froyo from source!

Yea this build is a test build only and will change multiple times before a solid, stable JRummy Froyo from source is released.

I think I did hear that FRF83 was for Nexus One. I'm not sure how it will affect the build or the difference between that and the official droid update...If I'm right in the first place about FRF83 being for Nexus One.

Upvote 0
Funny you ask as I am T-restoring right now :)

Quickest sync/market restore ever. About 7 minutes versus the usual 30 of crazy lag.
Once I am done with the apps, I will back up and try the market for downloads and typical "Froyo" issue.
I checked NY Times and Fandango as others have had issues with this ROM even seeing those apps (I applied the market patch I linked to) and I saw them - a good start.

Now I have had reboot issues with various kernels and Froyo ROMs, particularly in Navigation under load. Almost got lost today because of it.
I left of on Chevy ULV 1.2 with 800 on charger/navigation - I went to the Chevy LV 1.2 for this one. If the reboots are fixed, I will be happy.
It looks sad in vanilla though :(

edit - snappiest manual T BU restores I have had in some time. At least the fastest of Froyos

Upvote 0
I just tried two market updates and it was flawless.
I went big and did 18 updates simultaneously and some of them hung a bit at 100% before installing then installed. GMaps, UltimateJuice, MetaMorph, and ROM Manager got stuck at 100%. I exited and opened Market and the started downloading again with no progress.

I cancelled them one by one and downloaded/installed one by one.
WORKED - Trick is...DO NOT open or click anything or let the phone sleep.
Even GMaps updated and opened!!

Upvote 0
Sounds good... :) Nice thorough job of testing, BTW.

Just to be clear, you restored all apps/data w/Titanium Backup, and then use the Market to update a bunch of those apps that had updates available?

Correct.
Thanks for the compliment.

Everything is good and used Navi for 30 mins today in the sun and no reboot. Cross my fingers everything else is good.

Be patient with the Market, but I think the fix was a success.

Upvote 0
I hope this build from the original source release works better. I am running Kangerade v1.1 Froyo and have to wipe and restore from Nandroid every 2-3 days as the baseband keeps going bad despite the upgrade to c_01.43.01p baseband. Also I can not get Google Listen to work as it doesn't recognise my two Gmail accountson the Kangerade v1.1 Froyo. Haven't tried this ROM yet. Downloaded but not installed.

Upvote 0
I tried this rom last week when it first came out and none of my widgets would work at all. Not even replacing them on my homescreens would help. Literally everything would forceclose. My screens were almost a *forceclose* continuum with no end. Many other things were completely non-functional, like Swype, and no Swype was an automatic deal-breaker for me. I immediately flashed back to JRummy leaked version in Blueberry, which I love. The source code version just is nowhere close to being ready yet.

Upvote 0
So everyone knows on this one - with over a day of solid use, my phone seems to be slowing a bit and LauncherPro has been giving me a little grief.
And I would have an accurate battery read, but the GF plugged my phone in this morning because she saw it was low and I lost my hour count - nor did I see the percentage it was at when she plugged it in GRRRR.

Gonna try BB 0.3 as much as I don't want to lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones