• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jumping back into my old triumph, some questions.

Igoozer

Lurker
Oct 14, 2014
My Triumph has been running Miui 2.4.2 for I don't know how long. I now want to pass it on to my sister but upon research it looks like I need to flash it back to the stock Virgin mobile install for it to be reactivated.

I'm looking over the guides and got as far as the placing the .img file on the device but I can not figure out how to boot into recover. The phone just loads Miui after I press the volume button combo.

Having Miui already installed do I need to follow different steps to get back to stock?

It's been years since I've dabbled in all this, thank you for your patients in advance!:(

Never used MIUI, but most ROMs you can hold the power button while it's on, click "reboot", and it gives you the option to boot into recovery. Or I think you can boot into recovery if you download the ROM toolbox app if you use ClockworkMod.

The combo you were trying is: Hold + AND -, and then hold power button, right?

Upvote 0
Never used MIUI, but most ROMs you can hold the power button while it's on, click "reboot", and it gives you the option to boot into recovery. Or I think you can boot into recovery if you download the ROM toolbox app if you use ClockworkMod.

The combo you were trying is: Hold + AND -, and then hold power button, right?

Oddly enough the usual + and - and power button didn't work.

Maybe because I used different method maybe gingerbreak? Either way I had to just go to the reboot menu and select recovery for it to boot to it.

Now after flashing the stock recovery the Motorola logo just hangs there and doesn't boot.

Any body have any luck pushing a triumph back to stock and had similar issues?

Followed the instructions but it didn't do the trick.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones