• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got my Photon!

Can someone confirm the use of the kickstand upside down in landscape, to be able to charge the phone?
Its funny, I read this too but I just didn't see how, well I can confirm that it does work upside down with the cable(s) sticking out from the top.
Awesomeness :D

FYI - Since all of you in here ordered from Sprint, someone posted on Sprintusers that they were able to get Sprint to match the $179.99 pre-order deal being offered at other locations:

Sprint matching $179.99 - SprintUsers.com
:mad: figures, but eh, I'm not going to go nuts over it. I'm just glad I got this thing and so far I'm liking everything, but its taking me a bit longer to get used to the non-sense environment

TS

Upvote 0
Its funny, I read this too but I just didn't see how, well I can confirm that it does work upside down with the cable(s) sticking out from the top.
Awesomeness :D

:mad: figures, but eh, I'm not going to go nuts over it. I'm just glad I got this thing and so far I'm liking everything, but its taking me a bit longer to get used to the non-sense environment

TS

TS
Thanks for confirming the upside-down use of the kickstand! That's just FTW.

Re: Sprint price matching. Just call and ask. Worse they can say is "unfortunately, we cannot do that, sir." If they say yes, then you get $20 credit!...LOL.

Upvote 0
I never received mine and I order yesterday at 11 am. Wtf

Majority of the people that got their phone ordered early EST. Where are you located?

okay so considering so many people have the phone already, how does everybody like it???

A few other threads where people have given their impression.

Upvote 0
I didn't get my Photon yet, but I did post this in the accessories forum of what I was able to purchase:

http://androidforums.com/3018277-post78.html

:D 25% off at the Sprint store because I bought both at the same time, plus a invisible shield (full body guard, dry install) that didn't even have the packaging yet!

FYI - Since majority of the people in here already have their phone, I'm putting an offer out there for those of you that want the back skin and side for the invisible shield (not the screen protector or front) at $10 shipped (of course, credit card transaction, I'll have to charge a little more since Paypal charges a fee for that). Those of you interested, PM me and I'll get details from you to do Paypal transaction.

Upvote 0
I didn't get my Photon yet, but I did post this in the accessories forum of what I was able to purchase:

http://androidforums.com/3018277-post78.html

:D 25% off at the Sprint store because I bought both at the same time, plus a invisible shield (full body guard, dry install) that didn't even have the packaging yet!

FYI - Since majority of the people in here already have their phone, I'm putting an offer out there for those of you that want the back skin and side for the invisible shield (not the screen protector or front) at $10 shipped (of course, credit card transaction, I'll have to charge a little more since Paypal charges a fee for that). Those of you interested, PM me and I'll get details from you to do Paypal transaction.

Dude you're going to love the Photon, I'm actually excited for you. I've been nothing but impressed. Going from the Evo 4g to the Photon it's amazing how much more natural the photon feels in hand.

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
Dude you're going to love the Photon, I'm actually excited for you. I've been nothing but impressed. Going from the Evo 4g to the Photon it's amazing how much more natural the photon feels in hand.

burgertime, were you the one that mentioned something about the exchange not being all that different from other android phones?

That's the one thing is something that I'm really "hoping" will work for my IT department, but I'd really have to do a little more digging as to exactly what type of security they needed for the phone to have before they allow me to connect to the exchange.

As far as going from the Photon to the EVO and the Photon feeling more natural in the hand?...Definitely so good to hear. I got used to holding the EVO, but there are still times where I feel they needed to make some slight adjustments. Sounds like Motorola made the proper adjustments (I'll report my feeling about that tomorrow, w/ pics).

Upvote 0
burgertime, were you the one that mentioned something about the exchange not being all that different from other android phones?

That's the one thing is something that I'm really "hoping" will work for my IT department, but I'd really have to do a little more digging as to exactly what type of security they needed for the phone to have before they allow me to connect to the exchange.

As far as going from the Photon to the EVO and the Photon feeling more natural in the hand?...Definitely so good to hear. I got used to holding the EVO, but there are still times where I feel they needed to make some slight adjustments. Sounds like Motorola made the proper adjustments (I'll report my feeling about that tomorrow, w/ pics).

Nope, I can test the exchange, but my main email is IMAP but will probably move to Exchange...and the Exchange account I have, their IT people have been open to Android since day 1 so for me it was never a problem...but since the other company I'm working for is going to move to a more secure Exchange it was a factor for me.

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones