• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got replacment rev 003 EVO, going back too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't that really depend on what the phone is resting on at the time it vibrates? When I put my EVO on my wooden nightstand next to the bed, and it vibrates, I can hear that across the room. Guess I need to return it because its just "to vibratey" or "incompatible with wooden furniture."

Steve Jobs would suggest that you get different furniture.

Upvote 0
My original evo was a revision 002. I needed a new one because my front camera has a red mark on it (no light leakage or separation issues). My rev 003 model showed up today and it has to go back (without even activating it). The vibrate is waaaay louder and has an audible buzz to it. It was the absolute first thing I noticed. My 002 is quiet and just vibrates, the 003 I have literally buzzes.

I wonder if this is just an anomaly, or if any of you can chime in on this....is your 003 EVO's vibrate really 'buzzy'

Wait, a lot of people have bricked their EVO's during the last update and you're on here complaining because your "EVO's vibrate is really buzzy?"

Upvote 0
Wouldn't that really depend on what the phone is resting on at the time it vibrates? When I put my EVO on my wooden nightstand next to the bed, and it vibrates, I can hear that across the room. Guess I need to return it because its just "to vibratey" or "incompatible with wooden furniture."

The problem isn't really the phone making the noise.. it vibrates strong and when its in his pocket.. HE starts making the noises.. and thats what bothers him...

Upvote 0
The vibrate is incredibly loud, as if something was loose and rattling inside the phone. I asked 3 people if they thought it was normal, all said no; including the Sprint rep.

Read Dreamliners posts. He is just a troll.

And BTW, since you are obviously so srprtated from reality. Trying to start a new complaint thread cause the phone vibrates too loud??? What next, is it too black for you?
Finally! It took me a few hours, but I followed Dreamliner's suggestion that I just didn't have the quality standards he had. After going over my phone with a scanning electron microscope, I discovered that my power button is inset .005 mm too much.

I'm taking it back in the morning. Damn lousy HTC quality control!

^^^^Please send a PM to the following 3 people as well, let them know how ignorant you think they are in regards to build quality expectations, I'm sure they would love to hear from you:
my 003 is really buzzy and its pretty annoying, actually thought about making this same thread
idk if ur talking about the haptic feedback but i just got my replacement 003 and the haptic feedback is loud and annoying compared to 002
I have a v3 model I got about 5 days after release date and it has light leakage on the bottom half, had been rebooting on its own, and gives me about 5-7 hours of battery life. This is even after i did all the tweaks like switching to cdma auto prl, shut off background data etc. Now that I know i have version 003 Gonna exchange it. What's the worse that could happen, I get the same probs?!?! <sarcasm 8-{
Please, do not personally attack me for creating a thread accurately depicting a build quality issue.

Wait, a lot of people have bricked their EVO's during the last update and you're on here complaining because your "EVO's vibrate is really buzzy?"
Check your math chief. This thread was created 3 days before 'bricking' issues.

dreamliner time for you to move on. HTC and sprint is not for you. Just move on to another phone/carrier.

No use for you to have disappointment after disappointment.
The Sprint/EVO is the best $$ choice right now.

If you have a gripe about the phone you should not post it here, the evo fanboys will eat you alive.

I know, right?

Its as simple as this:
Defective units are a part of the manufacturing process, they should not be accepted by the end user. If you disagree with me, please PM me your address information and we can exchange phones, I'll gladly accept your phone with 'no problems' if you are willing to accept my defective phone.

Upvote 0
that is like saying a car is meant for moving, not being heard, but guess what, when the motor is running.... OMG you can hear it! yes that applies for electric cars too, they are quieter but yes, you can hear them...

Your logic is broken. Just like my phone.

If one of your motor mounts was broken, your engine would be exceptionally loud, should you then keep driving your car? Its meant to sound like that, right?

Honestly, you don't have my phone to experience this, I am not alone with this issue either.

Upvote 0
i know how a vibrating motor works lmao! it still spins, it just has an unbalanced load on the end, look at a PS3 controller, all im saying is it is a moving motor, balanced or not, it's gonna make noise, i don't see how you think i'm incorrect on how these work haha

If I have an electric motor, with magnetic bearings, spinning in a vacuum, how is it going to make noise?

Your statement is incorrect.

Upvote 0
hey dreamliner im just going to inform you of how vibrating in phones work... there's this thing, ya see, called... a MOTOR, and when it spins really fast to make it vibrate, it makes some noise, how do you expect high speed moving parts to be completely quiet? your just way too damn picky

Can you explain why his old version 2 phone didn't make the same amount of noise when vibrating? Was it using some sort of magic?

Upvote 0
well if you wanna get technical lmao my statement still holds true... it just depends whether there is an atmosphere to transfer the sound to your ears. :p

and heyyyy, i am a mechanical engineering major

This is my last reply to you on this subject. It is off topic and you are boring me.

Sound is a wave of pressure transmitted through a solid, liquid, or gas....not through an "atmoshphere" as you stated. So, no medium for the wave to travel through (i.e., a vacuum), no sound.

Your statement is technically incorrect.

Upvote 0
I almost hate to comment again, cuz I'll either get jumped on or accused of being a "fanboy" (which is totally wrong if you just read my screen name) but, you gotta admit, "when my phone vibrates it just vibrates too loudly" just sounds like a really petty complaint. I'm not buying the "broken motor mount" analogy myself. I wonder what you do next, go in and have them open up a few EVOs and lay them all out, make each one vibrate and try and pick the least loudly vibrating one of the pack? Sorry to laugh at the OP's expense, but this one really does make me laugh.

Reactions: damewolf13
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones