• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got what I feel is a great deal on single line

YY1334

Mar 15, 2010
Just got a really good deal on my plan by calling in. Unlimited voice/text and 2 gigs of data for 60 a month plus taxes. Now I have insurance so my bill after taxes and insurance will be ~$77 a month. Pretty happy with it, they said it was a loyalty plan or something. Figured if you're a single line plan like me you might be interested.

It does, but this was not during my upgrade. I am still inside my '2 year contract', my upgrade date stays the same (this October) but my contract now instead of ending in October doesn't end until March. So I extend my contract by 5 months but am saving over $30 a month from what I was paying, so over this year I will save $360 on my plan. I can still upgrade in October with a subsidized phone and my plan stays the same, but would obviously extend for 2 more years.

However, if for some reason Verizon tries to say come October I need a more expensive plan to upgrade, I'd rather buy the phone outright. Instead of $300 upfront plus $30 a month more for two years, which would add up to $1020. So no matter what it makes sense for me.

Reactions: kate
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones