Just installed a custom rom

Last Updated:

1. PureLoneWolf

PureLoneWolf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all

I finally took the leap and installed a custom rom (DeFroST 4.9). Before I did, I took a full nandroid backup and a full Titanium backup.

I suspect I missed something, but I can't seem to get my SMS messages back.

Would anyone have any suggestions? It's not the end of the world if I have to restore the Nandroid backup to recover them, but I would rather not obviously.

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

If you did a full titanium back up your sms messages should be in there, unless maybe you missed selecting the option that covers them.

PureLoneWolf likes this.
  3. PureLoneWolf

I did the batch, everything apps including system and data..

I am not sure how to get them back. In the meantime I have gone back to stock and backed up the messages to Gmail using SMS Backup+

Will try again :)

4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Good luck, watch you don't get caught up in being addicted to installing new roms it happens to most of us:D

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I think the titanium backup in question is dialer storage but can't be sure. when selectively restoring its all a bit trial and error. lekky probably knows for sure

PureLoneWolf likes this.
  6. PureLoneWolf

Thanks...it could be too late though. Wasn't keen on DeFroST, so am trying Cyanogen

I think the problem might be that Sense is just so damn pretty and flexible.

Still, will give this next one a try :)

Thanks danfrance, stupid question probably, but is Dialer Storage a consistent app across all roms? i.e. if I restore it to Cyanogen, will it cause issues?

Trying to avoid issues surrounding anything that has been HTC'd when I restore

7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Defrost is based on cyanogen so don't expect anything different. all vanilla are pretty much similar.

If you use launcherpro, you'll find it more flexible than sense but it takes some getting used too. try it. on a sense Rom for a while first. then if you get the launcherpro bug like me, you'll love the speed vanilla offers