• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just switched from iPhone, got Questions

Hey folks, just made the switch to the Droid world from the iPhone and man is it better! I got the Samsung Captivate GalaxyS. Got a few questions though:

1.) This puzzle piece when I get a text is kind of annoying, are there any other options for me?

2.) Some parental controls would be good if I get one for the kids. Whats the best way to do that?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

"Parental controls" are usually a losing battle. Software is a weak solution and easily circumvented, especially by kids who tend to be tech-savvy.

If you really want this, you could look into this:
AT&T Smart Controls: AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless

However, it costs per month and it doesn't work when the phone is connected via wifi.

The best "parental control" is actual parent-to-child, in-person parenting and discussion. ;) Technology is really never a workable substitute.

Cheers...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones