• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just throwing this out there: Cm13 for g2 mini sources

@spock1104 I forgot to let you know that I've hit a 64GB or bigger SD Card bug. Anything greater than 64GB fails and will constantly be "removed" from the system by a crashing SDHC driver. I'll have to provide some logs later but for anyone else reading this DO NOT USE a SD card larger than 64GB for the time being.

EDIT: 64GB or smaller SD cards should work fine however.

Upvote 0
@spock1104 I forgot to let you know that I've hit a 64GB or bigger SD Card bug. Anything greater than 64GB fails and will constantly be "removed" from the system by a crashing SDHC driver. I'll have to provide some logs later but for anyone else reading this DO NOT USE a SD card larger than 64GB for the time being.

EDIT: 64GB or smaller SD cards should work fine however.
Are you sure you formatted with exFAT?

Upvote 0
Someone sent me a MMS about half an hour ago and I got it just now. Then I sent it back to him to see if I could also send and it went instantly. What's weird is that over the past 4 months of using this rom it didn't work and I haven't changed anything (I last tried like 4 days ago and it didn't work then).

Upvote 0
I had it "adopted" into the phone as apart of internal storage. I'll have to go get the 128GB card from my tablet to give it a new test, I saw it crashing in logcat.

Unrelated... Wish u and spock had the lg stylo 2 ls775 there is no dev for it it bites not having root and all the extras anyway hope all is well... Keep up the great and appreciated work u guys do!

Upvote 0
I haven't tried any of the other builds here, but in the 8/19 build the LiveDisplay feature in the Display section is missing for me. I've not found another screen filter that I like as much as the built in one... the tint of other applications seems to strain my eyes... I'm guessing its because I'm red/green colorblind. Most of the previous issues I've listed in other posts are still there, but this build feels a bit more stable. I'm back on the 4/25 build for now, just because I can't do it without the screen filter, but if you need logs just let me know and I'll reinstall to grab them. Great work though, really... I've had to use this phone for the past year and the only thing keeping me sane is the fact that I'm running this ROM... its fantastic on battery life and the performance gain is amazing over stock.

Reactions: dvdavid888
Upvote 0
I haven't tried any of the other builds here, but in the 8/19 build the LiveDisplay feature in the Display section is missing for me. I've not found another screen filter that I like as much as the built in one... the tint of other applications seems to strain my eyes... I'm guessing its because I'm red/green colorblind. Most of the previous issues I've listed in other posts are still there, but this build feels a bit more stable. I'm back on the 4/25 build for now, just because I can't do it without the screen filter, but if you need logs just let me know and I'll reinstall to grab them. Great work though, really... I've had to use this phone for the past year and the only thing keeping me sane is the fact that I'm running this ROM... its fantastic on battery life and the performance gain is amazing over stock.

Yeah, I'm missing the LiveDisplay feature too, was nice being able to dim the screen and give it a red tint at night. And not switching the theme to a dark one My computer is set up the same way, at night the screen gets a red tint to it. Makes it so much easier on my eyes.

I do have a question though, does anyone else have any issues with touch screen sensitivity?? I went from the 8\18 update to the 8\19 update and now it seems like the touch is a bit laggy or unresponsive at times.

Yeah, I'm not able to use the knock code to wake up the phone either.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm missing the LiveDisplay feature too, was nice being able to dim the screen and give it a red tint at night. And not switching the theme to a dark one My computer is set up the same way, at night the screen gets a red tint to it. Makes it so much easier on my eyes.

I do have a question though, does anyone else have any issues with touch screen sensitivity?? I went from the 8\18 update to the 8\19 update and now it seems like the touch is a bit laggy or unresponsive at times.

Yeah, I'm not able to use the knock code to wake up the phone either.
I haven't had any problems with the sensitivity of the touch screen. I've honestly never had good luck with the knock to wake in any build though. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

One thing that is fixed though in the 8/19 build is the lock screen. On the 4/25 build I can't really hit the 0 key for a pin if I open a notification from the lock screen. I'm guessing that's something CM related though and was fixed in the merge.

Upvote 0
I am using this app called Color Changer Pro from playstore it sets the screen totally red if I choce that color for night mode for my eyes in total darkness. The problem is the capacitive buttons light up in white ruining the effect. So does the bottom home button. Without having to go into setting every time, is there an easy way like a toggle app or an app that can toggle these both off/on when I need to? Or do I have to use Tasker ? I also have Xposed installed but could find nothing in there to do this.Cant find anything on playstore to do what I want.

thanks

Upvote 0
I am using this app called Color Changer Pro from playstore it sets the screen totally red if I choce that color for night mode for my eyes in total darkness. The problem is the capacitive buttons light up in white ruining the effect. So does the bottom home button. Without having to go into setting every time, is there an easy way like a toggle app or an app that can toggle these both off/on when I need to? Or do I have to use Tasker ? I also have Xposed installed but could find nothing in there to do this.Cant find anything on playstore to do what I want.

thanks
If you use Tasker I believe you could do a shell command and execute this "echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness"

Upvote 0
Hello, guys. Me again I'm coming back to mess around and maybe start developing. Don't even know if I will be capable of doing so however I do want start and I need guidance. This little device has amazing devs and it's amazing. Now, the question is where can I start from so I can start developing. Just recently I started C++ on Visual and would like to know what I need to start learning and developing.

Upvote 0
Hello, guys. Me again I'm coming back to mess around and maybe start developing. Don't even know if I will be capable of doing so however I do want start and I need guidance. This little device has amazing devs and it's amazing. Now, the question is where can I start from so I can start developing. Just recently I started C++ on Visual and would like to know what I need to start learning and developing.

A machine with Ubuntu helps. Once that's setup, you need to establish a build environment.

Upvote 0
My phone crashed 4 or 5 times today, (screen went black randomly) only started working after I held the power button to reboot it. After each time the LTE wouldn't stick unless I switched the preferred thing to 3g and then back to 4g. I don't think I changed anything on the phone in the past two days. I'm assuming it will happen again, so when it does what logs should I try get and how? This is on the newest 8/19 build I think

Upvote 0
My phone crashed 4 or 5 times today, (screen went black randomly) only started working after I held the power button to reboot it. After each time the LTE wouldn't stick unless I switched the preferred thing to 3g and then back to 4g. I don't think I changed anything on the phone in the past two days. I'm assuming it will happen again, so when it does what logs should I try get and how? This is on the newest 8/19 build I think

I see this once in a while. If there a last_kmsg available then that's what I need. I just don't know if this kernel is always giving that to us.

Upvote 0
On my friends volt with 4/25 build (I think) his download manager doesn't really work, any ideas why? Whenever he tries using it (from play store or anything else like xposed installer) it doesn't start the download -until he restarts. Meaning he will press download, it will say downloading but not go, and after he restarts the phone the download from before will start and finish fine. This has been happening since he flashed this months ago but he only fully explained it to me today. He tried clearing the app data countless times.

Upvote 0
What is the recommended recovery to be used with the 08/19/16 build of this ROM? I've installed the ROM with TWRP 2.8.7 and am having issues booting into recovery. On one phone (VM version), it gets stuck on the TeamWin screen. Not looping, just stuck there. I've tried the recovery boot loop fix with FastADB and no luck. On another phone, (Boost), the phone freezes up what I quit recovery. Both phones booted and exited fine from recovery prior to this ROM. TIA for any advice.

Upvote 0
What is the recommended recovery to be used with the 08/19/16 build of this ROM? I've installed the ROM with TWRP 2.8.7 and am having issues booting into recovery. On one phone (VM version), it gets stuck on the TeamWin screen. Not looping, just stuck there. I've tried the recovery boot loop fix with FastADB and no luck. On another phone, (Boost), the phone freezes up what I quit recovery. Both phones booted and exited fine from recovery prior to this ROM. TIA for any advice.

I use 2.8.7.0 without that issue. Can't be of further help, sorry.

Upvote 0
It's in /proc. The cm file manager should be able get it if you run in root mode. 3c toolbox can also grab it for you.

Why is this not working?

Attachments

• 1475856873339.jpg
    1475856873339.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0
Tried it with 3c also. Not finding it. Oh well, it hasn't crashed since so I guess if it does again I'll try getting the log then. Thanks for trying
OK this is a bit of a stretch, but try editing /sys/module/printk/parameters/always_kmsg_dump and change from N to Y. The next time the phone freezes, make sure to hold the power button to reboot, pulling the battery will definitely lose the log. I know you said you were holding, but this also goes for anyone else who might have reboots.

Reactions: andMego
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones