• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just to be real about it....

I completely understand that people come here for help. The reason I wrote this was because at the time, 20 out of 25 threads were about the gps issue "some" are having or that the update didn't give what you were hoping for.
My wife's gps sucks horribly... mine works off and on... but seriously... 20 out of 25 threads on the first page are crying about the same thing??

Dood... just print out your f@cking directions on your printer if you need them that badly. Hell... Google maps blows anyways.... I can't tell you how many times it's told me to turn down a street that doesn't exist when I'm on my way to a clients.

I'm just sick of seeing GPS this and GPS that. Put it in one thread and move on!

Even now I see 10 out of 25 threads about GPS issues and what not. I know that's just because it's Sunday.... wait til tomorrow....
i call B.S., HAD the omnia2 working on edge,locked on while driving in 30 seconds,tracked like a magnet,this sh*t we have on a much better phone does not f%$ing work,,i dont own a garmin and dont need one,but when i do get lost on the public streets this high end phone should get me home..samsungs bulls&it isnt going to go over well...IM MADDDD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE,:D...with that said,i will call samsung customer no support every day!and that my friends,foes whatever is no B.S.

Upvote 0
Dood... just print out your f@cking directions on your printer if you need them that badly.

I paid a premium for a phone with a GPS function because it is a premium function that I value.

Given the phone + 2 years of Data plan I'm talking at least (($30*12months)*2years) +$200 purchase price = $920 for the phone.

Is it that unreasonable that I expect the the damn GPS function to friggin' work? I didn't just get a smart phone so I can play "Angry Birds."

If I wanted to just print out my email directions, I could have saved $920 and kept an old dumb phone and my 1981 Walkman.

Until that function is fixed, I will continue to whine and complain and ruin the forum. If it prevents even one other person from being suckered into buying it without being fully aware of it's weaknesses... I'll be happy.

Upvote 0
I paid a premium for a phone with a GPS function because it is a premium function that I value.

Given the phone + 2 years of Data plan I'm talking at least (($30*12months)*2years) +$200 purchase price = $920 for the phone.

Is it that unreasonable that I expect the the damn GPS function to friggin' work? I didn't just get a smart phone so I can play "Angry Birds."

If I wanted to just print out my email directions, I could have saved $920 and kept an old dumb phone and my 1981 Walkman.

Until that function is fixed, I will continue to whine and complain and ruin the forum. If it prevents even one other person from being suckered into buying it without being fully aware of it's weaknesses... I'll be happy.
yeah but make sure you vent most all you anger to samsung/att.....i agree with you,dont let anyone coming here get suckered for this craptivate,...i knew the gps was bad,i kept it,updated and still garbage,but!! i loved my old omnia2,lol...so im hoping that the big fu,,i mean froyo will fix this gps..i cant see how they made such an improvement over the omnia2 and yet it will not track ..we all know junk phones track like magnets,,,whats the excuse for this?????????????? G.D.IT:),,,,ok im digressing

Upvote 0
I'm just sick of seeing GPS this and GPS that.

waaaaa.png

Upvote 0
I completely understand that people come here for help. The reason I wrote this was because at the time, 20 out of 25 threads were about the gps issue "some" are having or that the update didn't give what you were hoping for.
My wife's gps sucks horribly... mine works off and on... but seriously... 20 out of 25 threads on the first page are crying about the same thing??

Dood... just print out your f@cking directions on your printer if you need them that badly. Hell... Google maps blows anyways.... I can't tell you how many times it's told me to turn down a street that doesn't exist when I'm on my way to a clients.

I'm just sick of seeing GPS this and GPS that. Put it in one thread and move on!

Even now I see 10 out of 25 threads about GPS issues and what not. I know that's just because it's Sunday.... wait til tomorrow....

so u are upset beacause u see 20 out of 25 threads covering some type of gps topic? r u for real bro...its a forum...just dont read em..u do have the ability to scroll on your pc right? well use it! and your statement regarding printing out the direction is a very lame statement...sometimes u r out and about or traveling where u need quick direction to somewhere..this is where a working gps would come in handy.

Upvote 0
I think the point Cheif714 was trying to make is that if everyone is so unhappy with the phone why don't you just return it?

if your outside your 30 days its your own fault: if you didn't realize your gps issue untill after 30 days then you obviously dont use it that much, and if you realized it quick but just assumed that it was being fixed and just waited untill after your 30 days then your just naive.

to further kollarism's analogy above: its like buying a new car and having the ac not work, then rather then returning the car because your unhappy, going on the cars forums and complaining about it until far after your return policy, then complaining that you cant return it
I don't think that holding onto the phone even though it had an issue with GPS was an issue of being naive - After all, they kept promising, and then postponing the simple update that was supposed to fix the problem. Now all these people are past their 30 day warranty coverage, and imho have every right to be pissed. It isn't a buyer beware kind of sitch, like buying a watch from a questionable street vendor; this is a multibillion dollar internationally competitive industry that relies on consumer confidence. I'm not one of the bitchers, btw, but if you think about it, they have a valid point.

Upvote 0
so u are upset beacause u see 20 out of 25 threads covering some type of gps topic? r u for real bro...its a forum...just dont read em..u do have the ability to scroll on your pc right? well use it! and your statement regarding printing out the direction is a very lame statement...sometimes u r out and about or traveling where u need quick direction to somewhere..this is where a working gps would come in handy.
well... it's been a well known fact that the gps is shotty for some people. 90% of the Cap owners state they knew about it. So.....

1. be patient and let samsung do their thing... I'm sure they'll fix it if they don't want to be sued.
2. return your phone within your 30 days or call AT&T and have them get you out of your phone. (if I can do it, you can do it)
3. If you feel like you need to vent and complain about your gps issues... DO IT IN ONE OR TWO THREADS! is it REALLY necessary to create 10 new gps threads a day?

P.S. if people can create a b!tching thread about the gps every 30 seconds and everyone be fine with it (which they're not cuz I'm not the only one complaining about this) then I will clearly create a thread
b!tching about the b!tches.

piece out b!tches

Upvote 0
the fact is samsung,att,said the update fixed the gps...it did not fix anything,,in fact with my phone ,it lags more than ever,and freeeeze,wtf?? gps is a kick in the balls...im going back to look at moto!!! always great gps and call quality,,but i like the koreans superduper amoled...wtf is the usa??
we rule the planet..cant /wont make a good cellphone.......................................

Upvote 0
honestly I think what ruins.the forums
is people dictating what other can and can't do here

yeah if I buy my captivate I expect.every feature advertise to work at least successfully
80% of the time.

some of the analogies here are downright stupid

and I take back what I said about the evo
fan boys

the captivate fan boys and iPhone fan boys should start a forum for all the great things their said phones can do amazingly
while ignoring obvious flaws.

andbesides the surround sound music player and super amoled screens

what can our captivates do.that the droids and evos can't

because there are quite a few things they can do I.e mobile.hot.spot and video chat
that we can't

lol let's cut out the blind devotion and complaining about complaining

Upvote 0
honestly I think what ruins.the forums
is people dictating what other can and can't do here

yeah if I buy my captivate I expect.every feature advertise to work at least successfully
80% of the time.

some of the analogies here are downright stupid

and I take back what I said about the evo
fan boys

the captivate fan boys and iPhone fan boys should start a forum for all the great things their said phones can do amazingly
while ignoring obvious flaws.

andbesides the surround sound music player and super amoled screens

what can our captivates do.that the droids and evos can't

because there are quite a few things they can do I.e mobile.hot.spot and video chat
that we can't

lol let's cut out the blind devotion and complaining about complaining

I give that a two thumbs up! :D

Upvote 0
At least the people talking about the GPS problems on the Captivate are being on-topic for this board. ;) As opposed to the meta-bitching.

Am I the only one who sees the irony here?

Those of you who have a problem with people talking about GPS issues on the Captivate:

Just look at all the other features that make Androidforums.com great and please overlook this one perceived flaw... otherwise if you truly can't stand Androidforums.com because of this one flaw then please just return Androidforums.com for a refund and exchange it for some other forum that is more to your liking. ;)

Cheers...

Upvote 0
When I bought the phone, I knew it had 2.1. I hoped it would eventually get Froyo, but I was prepared to never get an OS update since that is just part of living with Android. Quite frankly the captivate was the best phone I'd ever owned... however, I just friggin' need GPS.
It's advertised, every other GD smart phone in the world has working GPS, why should I not complain when this one failure makes the phone a failure for my purposes?

And no, when I'm driving on a German Autobahn at 147mph, I'm not going to look at my printout for friggin' directions. I Paid for GD GPS, I expect it to GD work. GD it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones