• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just tried "Slacker" radio (instead of Pandora), and it works much better.

Pandora on my phone sucks. It skips and clicks and jams up all the time. I've even force closed, then un-installed, then re-installed it, and I still have the same problems.
My brother has a Droid and he says he uses Slacker all the time on his phone so I decided to try it..
It works PERFECTLY! No more skips and horrible noises while I try to listen to the radio on my phone and it works in the same concept as Pandora.

I just wanted to share this with anyone that has the same issues that I have with Pandora and really would like to be able to listen to the radio on their Moment.

BTW, i thought that it would use a lot of battery, but it really doesn't seem to.
I also got a little cable on ebay that has two male ends like a headphone jack. I plug one end into the headphone hole on my phone and the other end into the "aux" hole in my truck, and it works GREAT through my truck's stereo system.. Pretty cool.

Yeah, Pandora proved to be completely unusable on my Moment as well. I was pretty bummed, especially since it runs perfectly on my boyfriend's Droid, but so far I too am having much more success with Slacker. Their algorithm is definitely not as impressive as Pandora's, but I can overlook that in favor of being able to listen to entire songs without the obnoxious skipping and freezing up. Also, you can save up to 10 favorite stations, which is great for long solo drives.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones