• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

K-9 Email

OK, dumb question here. I've been using k-9 for 3 months to pick up my Outlook email Work great, love it.

I recently decided to add my Gmail account, so that my Outlook and Gmail emails would be blended into a single inbox. I had no problem adding gmail, but for reason can't figure out how to get all the messages in one box.

I'm having trouble navigating to the right places of the menu system that control this stuff.

right now I have no problem getting to a screen that shows

Unified Inbox (only has Gmail messages in it)
All messages (has both Gmail and Outlook)
Outlook (has folder icon next to it)
Gmail (has folder icon next to it).

When I open K-9, I just want it to go an inbox with all messages from both Outlook and Gmail.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
hi... i just installed K9... I have 2 accounts...gmail works fine but i dont get a notification when i get a mail in yahoo......
require help

i have the same issue. it doesnt seem to poll yahoo accounts even though i have the settings set to each minute for all folders. I can get it if i manually poll though. Its annoying because this is the only decent email for yahoo with search function but it wont poll. Improved Email will poll but no search...pain in the butt. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Upvote 0
right now I have no problem getting to a screen that shows

Unified Inbox (only has Gmail messages in it)
All messages (has both Gmail and Outlook)
Outlook (has folder icon next to it)
Gmail (has folder icon next to it).

When I open K-9, I just want it to go an inbox with all messages from both Outlook and Gmail.

Thanks in advance.

dbalch, try: Settings (or Global Settings depending on what screen you are in in K-9 when you press menu) -> Interaction -> check "Start in Unified Inbox" check box.

Reactions: dbalch
Upvote 0
I have 2 email accounts and they were both easy to set up in k-9. I need to delete one of them and can't find a way to do that. I'm sure I'm missing something pretty simple. Please help me out, I'm not techno savy... Duh. LOL

Thanks.

When both accounts are displayed, long press on the one you want to delete, select advanced, and select Remove account.

You are welcome. I had to have it explained to me once.

Upvote 0
Question. I have multiple e-mail accounts, but only g-mail as a smtp server to send mail. I've modified the "identity" menu so when the recipent of my email (from an account different than gmail) replies to one of my mail, automatically have the "right" e-mail address. The problem is that the email still shows as
My Name [myemail@gmail.com]

Is there a way to hide/conceil the part on the brachets? []

:)

cheers

Upvote 0
Hi, I have a question on K-9, and, again, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere (I can't believe I'm the first person to ask this question).

Is it possible to change the email font style? When I view my sent emails in K-9 the font looks something like Arial (which I like), but when I view that same email on my PC it's Times New Roman (which I don't).

So does anyone know if it is possible to have K-9 sent the email in a font other than Times New Roman (and no, I don't want to send it in "Plain Text", which I guess means Courier, either)?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Upvote 0
Hi all,
Just a quick question and perhaps an obvious one.
I recently started using K-9 mail to replace the stock Gmail application on my Android (OS 2.1). I was wondering if there is a setting to show my message list in threaded view like the stock mail and Gmail apps. That is, grouped by contact, as opposed to just listing each message individually. I have a lot of message threads that I exchange back and forth from the same people and I receive notifications (such as Google Voice SMS notifications) that I would rather have grouped together.
If this is an obvious setting that I can just, for whatever reason, not find, please let me know.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I am struggling with a few things as well.
I have Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo setup. Gmail is setup to push, Hotmail and Yahoo poll every hour.

1. Notifications that show up on the notifications bar dont always go away once I have checked my mail. Sometimes they do, mostly they dont.
2. Somehow a bunch of my messages from all three accounts got deleted and are sitting in the trash folder---which I cant move them back to the inbox(even after I sync those folders etc). Also, when I logon to my these accounts on a desktop, they are all in the folders(inbox for example) like they should be--yet on the phone the view is different.
3. Mostly with hotmail, a bunch of old messages keep showing up as unread no matter how many times I mark them as read.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
HI,
Does anyone know if there is a way to set a default .bcc address into K-9? I want to send a copy of each email I send from my phone to the same email address.

The idea is I will .bcc to a new email address (sent@...) which will then be downloaded to my PC mail client. This is to make sure I get a copy of emails I send from my phone into my PC email client where I keep all my work email records.

Alternatively, is there another way to achieve this?

Upvote 0
I'm new to Android, just bought an LG Optimus M (MetroPCS) with 2.2. I've been trying to configure the email client it came with to check my IMAP email, and it works great to get into my inbox but... no folders!

I've set up an elaborate folder structure on the server and it would be nice to be able to access the messages I've stored there. From what I can tell, the folders on the server are all inside the inbox. The Drafts, Sent, etc folders are on the same level as the inbox. Neither the Android Mail client nor K-9 mail will allow me to browse any of those folders. When I select the account's folders on the Android Mail client, it simply shows me to the inbox. K-9 keeps me in the inbox no matter what I try!

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a fix for it, or an IMAP client that *does* allow you to navigate folders more thoroughly?

Hate to say this, but "it worked on my iPhone just fine!"

:D

Marcia

Hi Marcia. I am sort of in the same boat. I set up K9 with two email accounts. One allowed me to select all the various folders like drafts, outbox, sent, etc. The primary account will not allow me to set these folders. It gives me only the options of Inbox, Outbox or None when I open the drop down window for the other folder names. Did anyone ever reply to you on this?

JRHJR

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones