• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keep losing text message sounds

I backed it all up on root, played with setting more last night, same as night before, and it making noise again.

starting to think the "sound" I keep trying to use text tone 2, which I have always used, that file is messing up. It plays when you chose a tone for text but it will not play when you get a txt. but other ones seem work but my brain is trained for a said sound, ill wake up then or soon after if I hear it awake or not.

Upvote 0
What do you mean by: "Backed it all up on root"?
Making a nandroid backup of Stock ROM in a custom recovery is the only way that will work. The backup is stored on the SD card in the clockworkmod folder.
This folder is what I copy to computer, just in case.
If you have something that starts messing up, all you need to do is go to custom recovery then wipe and format everything but the SD card and restore nandroid backup.

Reactions: 350X
Upvote 0
If you have to restore your nandroid backup:
Go to custom recovery. Select all wipe options in main menu.
Go to advanced section and wipe dalvik cache. When done hit back button and then select the mounts and storage section.
If a partition show "select to unmount" do so (you can't format a mounted partition).
Now format everything but the SD card ( if you partitioned the SD card, select to format the SD ext).
Now go to the backup and restore section. Select the restore option. Select the nandroid backup you made. Go make something to eat (will take 7-10 minutes to restore).
When it's done, select the reboot system now option. Wait 5-10 minutes for first bootup.

Note: Before starting make sure you have a nandroid backup on the SD card in the clockworkmod folder. The nandroid backup folder should have a funky date/time number.

Upvote 0
If you didn't make any changes other than rooting it before making the backup then, that's just what you need.
If still having problems let me know, I'll walk you thru how to flash/install either the Resurrected Bumblebee (best Froyo ROM, also already overclocked to the best CPU settings), or the MiRaGe (best Gingerbread and best ROM developed for the V so far).

Upvote 0
Fingers crossed, dunno if I need to OC, maybe under clock, all its used for is checking email and texting anymore.

but did change a few things up, I did have 5 email account all with ringtones set up for when mail arrives. Making my phone make noise often. Might have pissed it off over time.

But wont know if its working right for a bit. [ gotta let text come naturally n see if it stops making noise]

Upvote 0
Another slight delay.
Personally, I think you will greatly benefit from installing the MiRaGe ROM and the 20110828 Gapps (Google applications). Link2SD works the best with this ROM.
Question: How big is your SD card, and the partition? Also what is the partition format (ie fat32, ext.4 etc.)?

Edit: Time is 12:17 AM in Florida.
I really need the SD card info so I can make sure you have the right size partition for the size of the SD card, and the right format for the partition according to the ROM you plan on installing.
For a better understanding of my concerns read the 1st and 2nd post here: http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5605457

Upvote 0
Your partition is too big for your SD card.
I have a 16GB SD card and Link2SD works fine with just a 1GB partition. I have over 85 apps linked.
20% of 8GB is still only 1.6 GB.
Too big of a partition means corruption of SD card is just around the corner.
If you flash the Resurrected BumbleBee the partition needs to be formatted to FAT32, which is where you should already be.
Here is link to Resurrected Bumblebee: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...2-rom-resurrected-bumblebee-2-2-1-themes.html

Upvote 0
That's a really old version of Ubuntu. Puppy allows you to see and save info. It allows you to create a save file. The save file can't be any bigger than the amount of RAM you have.
You need to check out LazY Puppy. The best Puppy out there. All run from a flash drive or SD card.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=74544&sid=88d3d495c2c3272ed8476e1e833b1949

Note: Try putting a spot of superglue on the tab/adapter to keep it from sliding back when inserting it into computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones