1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

keep running out of internal storageGeneral

1. Hkjulie

Hkjulie New Member

Total available internal storage is only 2.6 GB and it's all used up by some Email account - it shows 2.4 GB of data and I have no idea what it is (I can't delete it, move it, or uninstall it).

I see a separate, legitimate Gmail app that's only using 7 MB. I also have a Hotmail account that seems to be have problem syncing (but it's not that big). I've tried DELETING the Hotmail mail account, and in setting I chosse EXTERNAL Storage for the hotmail, but I STILL can't get rid of this 2.4G of mysterious email data.
    I have already factory reset a few times to get rid of it but it seems to build up in a matter of a couple of weeks. Anyone have any idea? How do I get rid of this Email data or move it to the SD card (though I'm sure it's not legitimate). My phone is basically not functional right now.

THANK YOU.

Advertisement
  2. CharlzO

CharlzO Well-Known Member

Haev you tried clearing the GMail cache data yet? Might not do much, but I know on some phones, it seemed to freeze things up for people. Not sure why it would be coming back so quickly after a reset, regardless of what's causing it.