• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

keep running out of internal storage

Hkjulie

Lurker
Dec 15, 2011
Total available internal storage is only 2.6 GB and it's all used up by some Email account - it shows 2.4 GB of data and I have no idea what it is (I can't delete it, move it, or uninstall it).

I see a separate, legitimate Gmail app that's only using 7 MB. I also have a Hotmail account that seems to be have problem syncing (but it's not that big). I've tried DELETING the Hotmail mail account, and in setting I chosse EXTERNAL Storage for the hotmail, but I STILL can't get rid of this 2.4G of mysterious email data.
I have already factory reset a few times to get rid of it but it seems to build up in a matter of a couple of weeks. Anyone have any idea? How do I get rid of this Email data or move it to the SD card (though I'm sure it's not legitimate). My phone is basically not functional right now.

THANK YOU.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones