[Kernel] MARQUEE UNLEASHED 3D performance booster v3.2.1 (7/18/12)

1. imfm

imfm Well-Known Member

Now that there are newer and more advanced overclock kernels, there is no reason to maintain those here (Even though I didn't receive any credit for my work Bloodawn). The kernels posted here now are stock kernels with minimal changes to enable the 3D boost.

This kernel unlocks the full 3D hardware acceleration of the phone, normally only achievable when connected to USB. I have included ndno's overclock kernel as well.

*PROPS TO*

-|Monster| and ndno for pointing me in the right direction
    -All the other devs who have been working to make this phone better

*Please donate to (AND THANK) contributors to encourage even more great mods*

We don't do this for donations, but they sure help motivate us!

Donate: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...bn=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donate_LG.gif:NonHosted

ndno for overclock kernel
    Kernel: http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...-1-2ghz-1-3ghz-experimental-update-5-3-a.html
    Donate: None yet. Encourage him to put one up. He has done some great work to make our phones faster and better.

Monster for being so active and helpful in the Marquee developer community
    Donate: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...onationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHostedGuest

Craptorman for his work on Cyanogenmod 7 which led to this discovery
    CM7: http://androidforums.com/marquee-all-things-root/540328-wip-rom-cm7-zvc-lg-ls855-marquee.html
    Donate: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=6MDC99GMS5PTE

imfm for 3D boost
    Donate: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=X356LXTFRD9GE

*Version History*

Version 2
    -Fixed Force Close problem with google play market.

Version 3
    -Narrowed down the graphics boost to a few lines of code, so minimal initializations changes and there should be minimal if any bugs.
    -Fixed SetCPU ignoring CPU min/max settings.
    -Any 3G performance issues should be fixed.
    -Graphics performance is increased even more.
    -Added 1.2Ghz and 1.3Ghz versions.
    -PM me for Stock ZVC (Sprint) and ZV4 (Boost) versions if you can't get the other versions to work.

*NOTES*

Added ndno's latest 1300MHz kernel which appears to be much more stable.

Battery life will decrease slightly with this kernel, especially running at 1300Mhz. I highly recommend setting up profiles in SetCPU to limit the CPU when the screen is off, when the temperature gets high, or when the battery gets low. I also recommend getting a battery saver such as JuiceDefender and setting it to turn off Wifi and 3G when you are not using them. With these tweaks you should be able to get a full days battery life even with the extra drain.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any problems. I want everyone to get the full potential of their Marquees!

*Instructions*

**FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK**

***PLEASE READ SECOND POST FOR BUG FIXES BEFORE POSTING ANY BUGS***

1. Download and copy zip file to sdcard
    2. Boot into CWM
    3. Make a nandroid backup (highly recommended in case you have to recover)
    4. Install from zip file on sdcard
    5. Choose zip from sdcard
    6. Flash
    7. If you have any problems with your network, 3G, or the market, wipe cache, wipe dalvik and fix permissions. I recommend you go ahead and do this just to be safe.
    8. Reboot

*VERSION CONTENTS*

PM me for stock kernels w/ 3D boost.

v3.1 - Bloodawn's Hyper ramdisk/ndno's 1200Mhz overclock kernel/3D boost

v3.2.1 - Bloodawn's Hyper ramdisk/ndno's 1300Mhz overclock-undervolt kernel/3D boost

THANKS, DONATIONS, AND HUGS APPRECIATED (BUT ESPECIALLY DONATIONS)

Donate Link:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=X356LXTFRD9GE
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    JrossiX, tattedbrent, Guppeh and 25 others like this.
  2. imfm

imfm Well-Known Member

**Broken Wifi, SD card, or other instability**

Try 1200MHz version or PM me for stock based version for you carrier. In these versions, only a single variable is changed. If you still are having problems, there is something wrong with your ROM and/or your hardware.

**GMAIL**

I don't think this is related to the kernel, but if you have any problems with Gmail or any other google app, try the following.

1)
    Go to Settings->Accounts & sync and turn off Auto-sync
    2) Go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->All
    3) Go to Calendar and Calendar Storage and Clear Data
    4) Go to Contacts and Contact Storage and Clear Data
    5) Go to Gmail and Clear Data, Uninstall Updates
    6) Go to Google Play Store and Clear Data
    7) Open Google Play Store, Update Gmail
    8) Open Gmail, go to settings refresh, then settings account, select your account
    9) You can now turn Auto-sync back on to get your contacts/calendar data back

**Google Play Store**

If the Play Store is force closing or you get a Server Error, try this:

0) You should have already cleared cache, dalvik, and fixed permissions in cwm. If not, do it now.
    1) Download the Market APK and put it on your sdcard:
    https://hotfile.com/dl/151925453/47a2392/Vending_3.5.16.apk.html

2) Use a file explorer to find the apk and install it

If that doesn't work, try this:

3) Go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->All

4) Scroll down to Google Play Store
    5) Uninstall updates, clear data, clear cache
    6) Press back, click on Google Services Framework
    7) Clear data, clear cache
    8) Reboot
    9) Reinstall Market as above.

3. ndno

ndno Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! :) You should provide your changes to monster/bloodawn so they can provide a new performance ramdisk

Time to tackle cm7
  4. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Well-Known Member

What was changed?
  5. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member Developer

Very NICE!! Here's my score with Antutu Benchmark...

Attached Files:

6. k28king1

k28king1 Well-Known Member

Imfm you are so freaking awesome, thank you! You definitely made my day, please keep it coming! Imfm, monster, bloodawn, playfulgod, ndno, we definitely have the best devs, proud to be part of this.
    imfm likes this.
  7. nameless1

nameless1 Member

Great job Imfm, my antutu score went from 2300 to 2800.
    imfm likes this.
  8. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member Developer

You can say that again!! lmao!! 3 cheers for them!! :p
  9. icebrand

icebrand Member

Confirmed working on Sprint (Bloodawn stock zvc rooted)
  10. nameless1

nameless1 Member

I did notice an issue with my play store force closing now. I will try to re-flash it again to see if it fixes it, is any one else experiencing this problem?
  11. lMonsterl

same issue. cleared cache partition and dalvik and fixed permissions. also restored app from old backup. same problem
  12. icebrand

icebrand Member

Market loaded, but when I went to update some apps it force closed. Now it won't open, just keeps force closing.
  13. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder Well-Known Member

I'm about to try this now. Did those who reported issues try limiting the phone to 1ghz to check to see if the undervolted 1.2ghz kernel is the cause of the Market crash?
  14. lMonsterl

im using undervolted 1.3Ghz, lowering to 1ghz made no diff
  15. cjreyes666

cjreyes666 Well-Known Member

Same issues here uninstalled cleared cache fix permission still same issue
  16. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder Well-Known Member

Hmm. Yep I am getting that problem too. Looks like it's back to the drawing board unless this bug can be fixed. :(
  17. mvaness

mvaness Well-Known Member

I tried it in on Bloodawn's stock ZV4 rooted and had the same problems with store.
  18. imfm

imfm Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'm not having that problem. I will tweak tonight and see if I can fix it.

Can someone try clearing market data in the applications menu, or reinstalling the market? Even better, try downloading the market fix.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
  19. kado2999

kado2999 Active Member

No problems here with it. I don't know if it is just a few off us or not but I have boost mobile on zv4 rooted ROM.
  20. k28king1

k28king1 Well-Known Member

It seems to be a problem with the Google services framework, and other Google packages I'm currently on ctmod, what version rom is everyone running, maybe its the rom not playing nice with the new kernel
  21. imfm

imfm Well-Known Member

I managed to replicate the problem and it seems that reinstalling the app fixes it. See the second post in this thread for instructions.
  22. ndno

ndno Well-Known Member

Kernel is the same; CTmod is the same; it's the ramdisk that's new. Kernel/CTmod combo has been working fine for everyone; if anything the ramdisk is not playing nice.
  23. imfm

imfm Well-Known Member

It has something to do with the way the ramdisk sets up the permissions at initialization. If some of these get broken for some people, its just a matter of reinstalling things so the permissions are set up properly.
  24. Paradoxx

Paradoxx Well-Known Member

Awesome xD NO LAG what so ever now all the effects of GO launcher work smooth unlike before. Thanks :D!
  25. Krasher

Krasher Well-Known Member

So will this really speed up my laggy Marquee that I'm ready to throw against the wall in frustration?