Keyboard Freaks OutSupport

Last Updated:

1. CashMoney

CashMoney New Member This Topic's Starter

My keyboard on g1 types random keys when I'm typing. I've figured out the problem keys are the period, right alt, L, I, O, 0, 9, and comma keys. Every time I push any of these, it enters the right character, but then it also automatically engages the alt key and then it starts typing the alternate characters. If I push the period button sometimes it just keeps typing periods until i push another button, like if the button were to get stuck down, but its not. Also when i push the period button, it'll just act like the alt key and wont type any periods. Whereas sometimes when i push the alt key it'll type a period, then the next time i hit it, it types backslahes. Its like they have switched or something. It makes it almost impossible to type...

I have no idea what it could be, the virtual keyboard from other applications doesn't have the problem so I'm certain its hardware related. Wondering if anybody had any ideas on whats wrong before I call in.

Advertisement
  2. TheGoldenOne

TheGoldenOne New Member

I'm having the same problem but with the A, M, Q and some other keys including the menu button...very annoying, looking forward to an answer...

3. ChilledMatt

ChilledMatt Well-Known Member

I suspect the answer is you have a faulty keyboard.

4. TheGoldenOne

TheGoldenOne New Member

I'm not 100% that's the problem because I didnt have that problem when I first got it a week ago, then on Monday it started acting up, went away Wednesday, then reappeared yesterday...

5. qur3an

qur3an New Member

Hello,

I have a similar problem, when i type M i get AM, say i wanna type tomorrow i get toamorrow!!
    I also when i write the number '7' in any where like SMS .. the phone automatically redirects me to dialer!
    And when i want to unlock the screen, i press menu button and the i press it again, when it unlocks it opens the contact list with the letter 'U' is already typed!!

I had this problem 2 months ago, and it went away, and then it came back 2 days ago.

Please any help??

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Go to your home screen ... phone in stable mode..

With the phone ON pull the battery and SIM ..wait 3 to 4 minutes and then reinstall them and reboot phone ... This may clear the problem ...

If not possibly a Factory Reset .... do a backup with a good program Like "MyBackup Pro" or if you are rooted .... do a NanDroid Backup ...

7. Wizardlypenguin

Wizardlypenguin New Member

JHGL Then it turn the volume down help!:confused: