• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kies 3 not synchronising with Outlook... again

bigliam1970

Lurker
Sep 10, 2014
All,

Please help me before I scream and smash my GS5 against the wall.

Once again, the badly written, useless, pathetic, badly coded, will-work-one-minute-but-not-the-next, pain in the backside piece of software that is 'Samsung Kies' is causing me problems.

Never in the history of software has an application that has been so critical to a phone been so useless and failed as miserably as the long line of successive Kies releases.

Details:
Samsung GS5 running Lollipop 5.0
MS Office Professional Plus 2010 (32 bit)
Windows 7 Professional (X64)
Kies 3 version 3.2.15041_2

Kies will syncronise one minute with my diary in Outlook; then when I try again I will get an error message stating:

"an error has occurred while preparing to sync Liam Furr (Galaxy S5)'s Schedule. Task cancelled"

That's all I get; no additional clues, just 'an error has occurred'. There is no pattern as to when it will sync, and when it won't.

Please don't suggest Smartswitch as this is as problematic as Kies and doesn't represent any real step forwards apart from a new GUI.

Please help; my professional life is run from my phone. All I want is a reliable app that allows my phone to talk to my PC and vice versa. Something that the shaved-monkey programmers at Samsung seemed to have failed at miserably in the last few years.

AAAAARGH..

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones