Kindle for Android problemSupport

1. crowbag

crowbag Member

Evening all, sorry if this has already been covered, I did a quick search but didn't find a similar thread.

I've just got a Galaxy Tab and have downloaded the Kindle app, so far I have been able to download my "Amazon" books and subscription to the Daily Telegraph without any problems, however, I have been unable to get the Kindle App to recognise any of my "non-Amazon" books.

After some Googling I happened upon the Personal Documents facility on my Kindle page at Amazon, however I was unable to deliver the file to my Galaxy, though I can see it waiting there ready to be delivered.

Has anyone experienced this before and if you have does anyone have any tips on how to fix this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Put the file in the kindle directory on the Tab.
  3. crowbag

crowbag Member

That was the first thing I tried. I can see the files on my Tab when I go through the file system to the Kindle folder but the app can't see them.
  4. Szadzik

What file format is that? I have been using Kindle on my phone and Tablet for a long time and whenever I put the files in its folder it works perfectly fine.
  5. crowbag

crowbag Member

They are in the .mobi format, they work on my kindleand also worked on my kindle for mac.
  6. Szadzik

And you put them into \\sdcard\kindle?

I just tried on my phone again, installed Kindle, put books in .mob and it is seeing them with no problem.
  7. crowbag

crowbag Member

Yep, definitely put them in the kindle folder.