• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
kit kat is now here, i am updated and rooted. look over in the all things root section to learn how to root and manually update
For those of you who dont want root, haven't rooted, have all stock phone and haven't received the update, here is the update zip ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6x4qtfsk...20_KKV1.0.0B10_GOTA_JB_B14_TO_KK_B10.zip?dl=0 ) you download it put it on your external sd card now make sure you phone have at least half a battery charge( over 50%), power off your phone, hold volume down and power together at the same time for a few seconds till the phone turns on, when it does let go of the power button but hang on to the volume down button untill it boots into stock recovery. Now use the volume down button to go down to the apply update from sdcard (or somthing close to those words) select the long string of letters and nubers that is the name of the update zip and watch your phone update. This will take a while, if i remember right it took almost 5 minutes for my phone to power back into the actual os system. Enjoy your kitkat updated phone

Last edited:
Reactions: chevanlol360
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones