• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kyocera Rise sync issues with contacts.

K

Kimiixpyro

I bought the Kyocera Rise last week and got it a few days ago. My carrier is Virgin Mobile. I've been able to transfer almost everything to the phone, but have run into an issue with my contacts and photos.
My contacts were first synced through google, then I downloaded the facebook app as it didn't come on the phone, and logged in etc. I have it set to sync my facebook contacts but it's not working at all.
I don't have a single facebook contact working at the moment, the only thing it shows when I do contacts>display>fb is myself, and only my name and photo. I've checked everything I could think of already.
Contacts>accounts is set for fb sync for contacts. Facebook app>settings only offers me photo sync. System settings>accounts again is set for facebook to sync my contacts.
After attempting the sync the first time, I let it sit for a few minutes then reset the phone to see if they would load, and instead it cleared all my settings of facebook syncing.

I'm not sure what to do to make it work and it's rather important to me, so if anyone can help that'd be wonderful.

As for the photos issue, it's minor and not as important, but is still annoying me and is yet another sync issue.
When I synced my google account it by default synced everything, including images I had uploaded onto my google account. I went back in and removed that and other things from being synced, and everything was removed except the pictures. It didn't automatically delete the pictures like it's supposed to when I stop syncing, nor will it let me delete them manually.

I don't understand why I'm having all these syncing issues.
A resolved issue was it wouldn't sync my music from my computer or from my sd card, I gave up on trying to fix it, and looked a few hours later to see my music randomly loaded off my sd card.

I bought this phone 100% brand new straight from virginmobile so I don't understand why it's having any issues as it's only maybe 4 days old now. I've attempted to search all over for answers and found none, so I'm hoping someone here can help me. :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones