• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lag when internatl storage falls below 200mg?

oppendroid

Mar 14, 2010
Upstate NY
I have had the same issue since I got my phone in April. If my internal memory falls below 200 mg (even at 197), the phone lag is significant. It will take up to five seconds for an app to open.

I have rooted my phone and tried LFY and initially my phone was faster and I loved it. After about a month, I'm had the same problem.

I wiped/factory reset three times and flashed Chevy SS v4.8; low-v 1.0Ghz kernal (I run it between 250 and 800; interactive). I'm back to the same problems.

I run VERY few apps besides stock and root users apps like TiBU, Cache Mate, and ROM Manager. I have ONE word game, a task list, and a widget for the calendar. I have tried different games, task lists, and widgets so I'm fairly certain its not a particular app causing the problem.

Any suggestions?

I think if you do the research here, as there are a TON of posts and threads about lag & slow app and screen redraw, you will find it has nothing to do with falling below 200mb. As a matter of fact, if your somehow 200mg or above, that is hella impressive.

it is a pretty well documented issue with 2.2 and sure low memory could make it worse, but 200mb is a TON of memory.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the information. I have done quite a bit of searching on the boards but the problem isn't related to 2.2. I had the same problem when I got my phone and it had 2.1.

I know 200mg is a ton of memory, the problem is I can't use it!

Any other ideas? Are there any particular posts I'm missing that might be helpful? Any ideas are much appreciated.

robYn

Upvote 0
no particular posts I can think of, I was just pointing out that the lag really was noted as a 2.2 thing more, but I suspect, there is more going on in your case & that may not be your ssue as you say "I know 200mg is a ton of memory, the problem is I can't use it!" as you never said that before and dont really explain how you "can't" use it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones