• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest Android version available for ERIS

That's the highest Android version now available for the Eris. When Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 goes open source, perhaps somebody will create a ROM with that, though I have my doubts that the Eris will run all that well with 4.0.

i was thinking the same thing. BUT... there really isnt that much of a change im sure the cpu will be able to handle it i think its just all a matter of space and how much it will take up on the eris' 200mb memory with all the apps that the ROM creators like to add in

Upvote 0
In this case, I think that there may be more of an issue with the fact that ICS is written to take advantage of graphics processors using hardware acceleration, and there is no discrete graphics processor on the Eris. I suppose that we'll see, but there is nothing wrong with an Eris running CM7 - it runs just fine on GB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones