• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Latest CM 12.1 Snapshot - No GApps working!

Hauksort

Lurker
Jul 1, 2015
Hello!
Just installed the latest CM 12.1 Snapshot yesterday, and immediately found out that the GApps wasn't working. I've tried several different packages, and while most of them install the GApps crash or won't load on startup. The only app from Google that works is Google Play Store as far as I know.
I've tried restoring to the backup I had, but pretty sure it got replaced by a backup file for the current Snapshot, or wasn't there at all.
I'm not sure what I need to do to fix this issue. Do I need to downgrade CM or just find a different GApps package that finally works? And if so, can I please get some help finding it? :)
Any answers greatly appreciated!

Edit; Has something to do with Google Play Services to do. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, nothing changed.
Another edit; Wiped the phone, reinstalled the snapshot and reinstalled the GApps. It worked :)

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones