• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Latest Flytouch 3 Custom and Modded Roms-updated

Hi i installed tims4e and now i cant connect to the internet through wirelesss or ethernet
Do i need to change something to make it work

wireless keeps connecting and disconecting
ethernet just doesnt connect

Hi,

The Ethernet sockets are of a poor quality and, as a consequence, the plugs [on the cables] tend to work loose. Check it is firmly inserted, hold it in place for a short while and see if the 'ethernet' icon appears in the notification bar. If this fixes your problem the technical solution is to wedge the bugger in with a tooth pick or similar non conductive implement.

If both WiFi and Wired are giving problems perhaps it is possible you don't have a DHCP server on your network - have you tried static addressing?

Night Night!

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the posts and firmwares so far - been insightful and gives me hope with my new tablet.(16GB model)
I had an issue with my CPU, where it was generally stuck on 100% making the tablet unusable. Since changing to 4e, that issue as gone. But now I'm unable to get wifi (unable to scan for networks) - I don't have a backup of my firmware that came with device.. I've gone through several of the firmwares, looking for one that works for me, and none do. So I'm back on 4e, without wifi.
Looking through posts about changing wpa_supplicant have all been ineffective for me. Looking through the LogViewer, it's stating "Cannot find driver rt2070sta in proc".
The driver in 4e appears to be rt2870sta (that's 8, not 0). I can't find any resource for 2070, nor an ability to repoint or try switching to 2870 in case it works..

Any ideas?

Thanks for all efforts so far!
well what i do is reset my wifi router, and my tablet connects right away,.works everytime!!!

Upvote 0
This is like the 7th time I have posted without getting info really....but does anyone have success with anything BLUETOOTH on their machine yet? Some drivers are there, but no one has shed any light on what they are used for, how to use them, or what they are configured to do and not do. Thanks anyone with knowledge on this!!

In Tim4e:

The GScript Lite application is loading the following drivers:
bcm203x.ko bluetooth.ko bpa10x.ko btsdio.ko btusb.ko hci_uart.ko hci_vhci.ko l2cap.ko rda5868-bt.ko rfcomm.ko sco.ko bfusb.ko bnep.ko hidp.ko

The Bluetooth drivers are most likely prone to crash the kernel as you plug in your BT key unfortunately.
Until we get the kernel source and config from the manufacturer not much luck in getting it to work.

Upvote 0
Tim 5a is available see main page
20110712-Tim5a
- Gscript to fix newer models 2Mp camera issue.
- Patched libigps.so for quicker gps location fix after 1st fix.
- Merged back the official firmware 20110530 useful modifications
- Updated framework & optimizations
- Updated apps Maps BetterKeyboard DolphinBrowser LogViewer
- Vpn fix. (PPTP with or without encryption reported to work, OpenVPN most likely not working, please report.)
- Zipaligned video player & ccplayer by FlanFinger
- Deactivate MyPad application by default (Buggy to mount/unmount and see external medias)
- Add GScript to reactivate MyPad application (better use FileManager, use MyPad at your own risk)
- Settings.apk with more features unlocked by UncleRus
- Add TtsService.apk back - Add NetworkLocation.apk

Upvote 0
At first 5a seems a bit buggy. Was not letting me restore some of my apps. Tried some different restore settings on Titanium with mixed success. Some apps just not installing right. All the same, I LOVE the new interface and will stick it out for awhile. It seems to run smoothly on my FT3. I may just skip the restore and do fresh installs of additional software. (I have the original apk files of most and can get them from various markets as needed.).

Thanks again Tim. Cool improvements. Worth a little effort on my end to make it work right.

Upvote 0
I have a Flytouch 3, 4 gb internal, disco10 version.

Update-Using 5a. Most everything installed fine-some individually restored from Titanium, some newly installed from Market. Again-love the new interface. Very practical. Some apps that did not run well before-Netflix, Crackle-still don't work. Same problems as before (Crackle won't stream smoothly, Netflix sound sped up not matching video)-only now not getting any video for both, just audio. Not sure why.

Otherwise all is well...

Upvote 0
Installed Tim5a on my FView 10'' tablet ("Intertoys NL") - i think its a disco10 - and it works great so far.

The only issues I have seem to be more Dolphin related then the rom itself.
Some websites are very slow (when there are animated gifs?), and sometimes Dolphin does not react to clicks on links and I have to use the "open in new tab" to open the page.

It seems the battery also last longer now. Great!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've used a 4 and 8 Gb Cards. Without success. I have the Build: FRF85B. They few threads about probs with this build.

I have the same problem on my unit:
Model Number: SAWEE10
Android version: 2.2_20110430
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build: FRF85B

I have formatted the SD, sized 4GB, using the tool suggested in first post, extracted the zip file in the root, in which i have firmware2 (2.7mb) and firmware-discovery(186.4mb, a zip file itself anyway).

I've shut down the unit, putted in the sd card, switched on but the standard android booted instead of the upgrading process.

I'm missing something?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones