• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Latest Flytouch 3 Custom and Modded Roms-updated

Hi install the new rom but now the screen is out when using the key board my tablet runs
Andriod 2.2
1GHz ARM11 X220
512 MB
8Gb internal
10.2 screen at 1024x600
Tried using Gscript but keeps saying permission denied
also can we use a bluetooth dongle with this tablet as I would like to use my bluetooth GPS with it any help please. a not on the rom it has put right a lot that did not work before its just the screen now thanks:)

nick

Did you allowed access when SuperUser asking about it?

There is also another solution for any user who have got problems with wrong positioning screen:

On this link there are two bootladers for x576 and x600,
http://public.timduru.org/Android/Flytouch3/bootloaders/

If anybody have this issue - try reflash Tim's 4e with one of this files on folders

Procedure is very simple:

Standard flash procedure have 2 files on root of the microSD, here you should copy there the 3'rd file called bootloader-discovery.

You should flash it only one, if new firmware will be released, there is no need to do this again.

You should test any file, and find good one for you. I recomend use x600 file first, and after x576.

I gave this soulution to one user from my coutry and it worked for him.

Upvote 0
Hi to all,

I think I've got ft3 spp3.

I'm trying to install TIM V4e but when the two files are in the SD card 2 gb fat32 and boot the tablet nothing happens.

disk unknown
android 2.2-20110325
kernel 2.6.32.9, zjd@dtlinuxserver #31
resolution X576
total internal memory 16 gb
arm11

I want do do that because the tablet is not able to show the videos from megaupload, freezed, even closing all the no needed apps.

Pls., I would lime your kindly advice.

Thanks a lot in advance

Had the same problem was busy with it all day long now i found out that if i format my memory card with HP format tool it works :)
You can download it here HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool - v2.1.8 Download - EXTREME Overclocking hopefully it works for you as well!

Upvote 0
Anyone know about bluetooth?? Thanks!

I enabled the drivers and tried two different dongles. When I went to bluetooth setting and tried to turn bluetooth on, it wouldn't come on. After several tries it locked it up. I tried a few times.

My guess is we need a linux driver for the dongles. The two I tried are cheap ones, one is a small rectangle and the other a half moon shape.

Upvote 0
I enabled the drivers and tried two different dongles. When I went to bluetooth setting and tried to turn bluetooth on, it wouldn't come on. After several tries it locked it up. I tried a few times.

My guess is we need a linux driver for the dongles. The two I tried are cheap ones, one is a small rectangle and the other a half moon shape.

Same! I tried 2 different dongles, loaded drivers a few times from gscript, and even went into "short cuts" on the desktop and found "bluetooth settings." I tried to turn them on, but they were grayed out and so this didn't help. Thanks for trying and posting! Tim!.....What exactly are these bluetooth drivers and what devices work with them if any??? Thanks!!!

Upvote 0
Missing Apps :

I have the 8gig version.
I upgraded to 4e, reinstalled my apps and data .all seemsed ok. I started up , tested some apps, played a few games for a few minutes. then after a restart half my apps now show the andriod icon program name underneath and when click on them, shows pop up application not installed. When i go back into restore, it shows will overwrite, then shows not enough space.
But i still have 6gig of available space...any suggestions.
I had the same issue with 4d.

Upvote 0
Missing Apps :

I have the 8gig version.
I upgraded to 4e, reinstalled my apps and data .all seemsed ok. I started up , tested some apps, played a few games for a few minutes. then after a restart half my apps now show the andriod icon program name underneath and when click on them, shows pop up application not installed. When i go back into restore, it shows will overwrite, then shows not enough space.
But i still have 6gig of available space...any suggestions.
I had the same issue with 4d.

I had the same issue. Use the application manager and see if you have apps listed like com.thenameofteproblemapp.something. If you have any that start with com. and have the name of the problem app in the middle, ininstall them. The re-install the app and it should work.

Upvote 0
I feel very stupid having to ask this. But this is my first time ever working with firmware updates. Do I need to download and install each update in sequence, or can I just download the most updated firmware, and install it by itself?

You shouldn't feel stupid. Just install the one you want. Each time you update, it completely replaces the firmware.

Upvote 0
First, I want to thank Mutari (and Tim) for the modded roms.

Has anyone been able to get Skype video call working? I got version 1.0.0.983, but can only chat and speak. I was able to put a picture in my details using the Ft3camera, but I miss the videocall button. Google search about this did not provide any clue!

Upvote 0
First, I want to thank Mutari (and Tim) for the modded roms.

Has anyone been able to get Skype video call working? I got version 1.0.0.983, but can only chat and speak. I was able to put a picture in my details using the Ft3camera, but I miss the videocall button. Google search about this did not provide any clue!

Skype hasn't incorporated the video calling feature into their Android App yet. Yahoo Messenger shows a video message button, but I have not tried using it yet.

Upvote 0
I upgraded the firmware to the Version 4d3.
Working fine except one issue.

Default Photo gallary and Music player and Video player does't find the MicroSD Card media file.
Photo gallary say"There are no items in your collection".
Music player and Video player does't say anything but there is no file.
Please let me know. How to fix it.
Thank you.

Upvote 0
I upgraded the firmware to the Version 4d3.
Working fine except one issue.

Default Photo gallary and Music player and Video player does't find the MicroSD Card media file.
Photo gallary say"There are no items in your collection".
Music player and Video player does't say anything but there is no file.
Please let me know. How to fix it.
Thank you.

Media scanning is turned off by default. Run the GScript to turn it on, or use CCPlayer.

Upvote 0
Skype hasn't incorporated the video calling feature into their Android App yet. Yahoo Messenger shows a video message button, but I have not tried using it yet.

Thanks for the info!
I installed Yahoo Messenger but could not got it work. I can see the PC video on the FT3 and the onboard camera shows my face (via the onboard camera) the first 5 seconds, but the PC gives a message 'No video signal from other end'. After the 5 seconds the small window with my own face turns black!
In google I see android users using Tango. I will try to get this setup.

Upvote 0
Hi,

My superpad crashes whenever i am running on battery after a while and it does not switch on until i connect the power adaptor.

Any solutions for this?

.. an app that has worked well for me fixing this is BatteryCaibration from the market .. it's for when android thinks the battery is 100%, but it's really not .. my battery was going from 100 to 75 to 50 percent really quick before i used this .. i also had that issue you are talking about .. android would be fine plugged in, but if i was under 50% battery, as soon as i pulled out the powercord it would shut right off .. just follow the BatteryCalibration instructions .. it uses root to reset the android battery file.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones