• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lenovo p70-a

BADSHAHMSW

Lurker
Aug 29, 2015
someone plz help me my lenovo p70 is always boot on recovery after my update failure it doesn't start it always boot on recovery n there are only four keys 1) rebote 2) install update 3) wipe user data and 4) power off
i tried to rebot n wipe user also power off n install update but it fails when i try to install update it say update.zip is required on the root direction of internal or external memory plz help me to solve this problem.

The key is where you say "after my update failure": can you actually tell us what happened?

"install update" is for installing an official, signed, update.zip, so if you don't have one that won't work. And if you had your system software corrupted by a failed update (which is what the first sentence suggests) then erasing user data won't fix that.

So my guess is that you need to reflash the OS (and I don't know much about Lenovos, so can't offer instructions for doing that), but if we knew more about the "update", what it was (official Over The Air, something you downloaded from elsewhere), how you tried to apply it, and whether you were using stock or modified software at the time, it might help identify whether there are other options.

Upvote 0
Install update is just a menu item - it will appear whether there is an update or not, and can only install an update files that has already been downloaded.

So it sounds like your OS was corrupted by a failed update - no idea why it failed. You can only boot into recovery because of that. So you need to reflash the OS, but will need someone more familiar with this device to advise. Or, if it was an official update, contact Lenovo as it was their update that failed.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
OK, when you're in the recovery, it says "Install update", you need to have a complete ROM zip either in the internal storage or on an SD, that's what it's expecting to find. Unfortunately I can't find any ROMs for the P70 on Lenovo's own site, and and everything else about this phone is Chinese. ROM JD (Chinese) has ROMs for the P70, which are various user modified ones. http://www.romjd.com/Rom/List/new/1/9/63
Good luck! there may be dragons lurking within. :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones