• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Connect Stuck on 1x and not 4G ? Help!

you can check to see if the simcard is match to your phone by going Metropcs web page and log in.
Manager & Pay >My Account>Profile
Device Name Device Number
LCCIC the number here should match you simcard
LG MS840 CONNECT4G IMEI number for your phone

where did you find the number that match with simcard???
im checking a 20 number on my sim card that is nowhere in the website...

Upvote 0
where did you find the number that match with simcard???
im checking a 20 number on my sim card that is nowhere in the website...

First you have to log into your account. Put your mouse on the last tap on the right (MANAGE & PAY). You will see PROFILE. Click on that. You will see 2 items there. 1 will show the your device number which is your phone. 2 will show the ICCID number which is the simcard

Upvote 0
First you have to log into your account. Put your mouse on the last tap on the right (MANAGE & PAY). You will see PROFILE. Click on that. You will see 2 items there. 1 will show the your device number which is your phone. 2 will show the ICCID number which is the simcard

ok i go to profile.. right there it says one item.. which is my phone number then my status which is active, device name which is my lg connect and and last my device number which is my imei...

i put my mouse pointer MANAGE & PAY then window pop up and says profile..
that opens account information -- MY PROFILE...
maybe they changed website??

Upvote 0
No they didn't change the website,I just checked it.
If you only have 1 item there that mean your 4g simcard isn't match to your phone.
Where did you purchase the phone?

anyway how did you reprogram your sim card????????
maybe when u tell me i ll be in metropcs coorporate store...
but anyway. this should work easy not so hard to make it work..
and my stil have this annoying problem that the bars goes from full to nothing and flickers like that when its on EV...

Upvote 0
You have two ways of doing this.
1 call Metropcs (888-863-8768) and ask them to activate your 4g simcard, give them the number on the 4g simcard.

2 if this is an upgrade and you have your old phone. you can transfer your number back to your old phone and then transfer it back. This will reprogram you phone again

Upvote 0
You have two ways of doing this.
1 call Metropcs (888-863-8768) and ask them to activate your 4g simcard, give them the number on the 4g simcard.

2 if this is an upgrade and you have your old phone. you can transfer your number back to your old phone and then transfer it back. This will reprogram you phone again

I just came back from metro... i read your message before i went there but i didnt try..
when i got there waited 5 minute.. old guy was very nice and starting checking my phone and then he said i have to change it.. gonna give new one..
he was up to activate new phone and then he realized that the sim card wasnt activated!!!!
so after all you were right about it..
and yesterday night i called metro asking them about my sim card they told it happens automatically...
and also the other 10 times i called asking for my 4g not working nobody ever checked my sim card... thats insane!!!

Upvote 0
I just came back from metro... i read your message before i went there but i didnt try..
when i got there waited 5 minute.. old guy was very nice and starting checking my phone and then he said i have to change it.. gonna give new one..
he was up to activate new phone and then he realized that the sim card wasnt activated!!!!
so after all you were right about it..
and yesterday night i called metro asking them about my sim card they told it happens automatically...
and also the other 10 times i called asking for my 4g not working nobody ever checked my sim card... thats insane!!!
I glad you got it working:eek:

Upvote 0
Ronhouse,

Apart from not getting 4G in a known 4G-covered area, does you signal level (bars) display fluctuate a lot ? Does it jump between zero and 3-4 bars for example ?

This is what happened to my first Connect. The signal was consistently bad, although voice quality seemed OK and I wasn't dropping calls. I went to corporate store, once they "re-provisioned" the phone (claiming that initial activation was not fully successful), but the second time, after watching the signal levels, they quickly gave up and just replaced the phone. The replacement had 4G on already when they handed it to me 20 minutes later :).

The same troubleshooting/replacement would take hours with Sprint. I'm so glad I ditched them...

That's exactly what is happening to my Connect! No 4G at all (3 days old phone) and constantly fluctuation of signal level bars from 0 to full etc.. but calls seems fine..

I did all suggestions here (anycut, Simcard match, reprogram, etc.), plus a couple root-unroot, restore to factory default settings but not luck.

I guess I'm going to MetroPCs corporate store tomorrow morning! I hope I have some luck over there and they just replace the phone! Enough wasted time...

Upvote 0
That's exactly what is happening to my Connect! No 4G at all (3 days old phone) and constantly fluctuation of signal level bars from 0 to full etc.. but calls seems fine..

I did all suggestions here (anycut, Simcard match, reprogram, etc.), plus a couple root-unroot, restore to factory default settings but not luck.

I guess I'm going to MetroPCs corporate store tomorrow morning! I hope I have some luck over there and they just replace the phone! Enough wasted time...

Yeah go get that replacement, i am in NYC too, and that is NOT supposed to happen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones