• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG F-60 excessive battery drain

Leopardlady

Lurker
Jan 11, 2015
Hello! I bought myself a Christmas present. Needed a new phone, mine was over 4 years old and a dying breed on the CDMA network. The LG-F60 was a great deal at $49.00 from Metro PCS. I like the phone, it's much faster than my old one, the screen is nice and big, and beyond that I really don't have much else to say because I barely use it to conserve the battery to no avail. I wonder if anyone else experiences the same thing? I finally took it to the main office today and they said they couldn't do anything about it. :(

I have shut down everything possible while the phone is at rest, which is most of the time. I don't use it much. I go to bed, the phone is anywhere between 40-60% charged, (it really shouldn't be that low, as I said I barely use it) and upon waking it is dead. I have tried everything, I go into settings and shut things down, battery and turn things off, my backlight is 27%. This is a big battery, I cannot understand why it is dying so fast. I'm not sleep texting or surfing for sure!

The guy at Metro put it on the DX and couldn't find anything wrong. I was pretty shocked. I got this phone both for the display and the battery life. Might as well had bought a phone with a lesser battery. It probably would last a lot longer.

So, this morning it is not dead, in fact at 57%. The MPCS guy disabled the media app last night. But, sometime during the morning it turned itself on. ?? I am always shutting that app off, I didn't even use the phone except to check the battery life on it and when I noticed it drained by 9% at 1.15 pm I looked at what is draining, the only thing was the media. How can I keep this intrusive, battery eating app from hogging up the life on my battery if I can't keep it shut off? lol. It just manages to turn itself on, how I have no idea. Does anyone have suggestions how to keep it from coming on whenever it decides to? Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones