• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LGNPST Setup for The LG Esteem For n00bs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

asheehanjr

Aug 16, 2011
Westfield, MA
LGNPST Setup Guide​
For the LG Esteem.​

Disclaimer: I am NOT responsible for ANY damages done to your phone, or your computer!

All credit goes to Joneidy bascially for this guide. I’m using his guide and editing it to work for the LG Esteem for those who are having trouble registering the vs910.dll file. Thanks again Joneidy for giving me permission to edit your guide for the LG Esteem.

This is the original guide from Joneidy for the LG Optimus M

http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/279318-guide-root-2-2-1-get-data-working.html

Download Files.

LGNPST.zip

[FONT=&quot]www.megaupload.com/?d=QWJXR6SJ[/FONT]

Phone_Driver_Firmware.tot_vs910.dll.zip

[FONT=&quot]www.megaupload.com/?d=OH461L3E[/FONT]

Note 1: This guide will help register the vs910.dll file so you can restore your phone back to factory using LGNPST! We haven’t figured out how to get out of “Test Mode” yet, but that only happens if your stuck at the LG Logo and try to restore from there. PLEASE do not try to restore using LGNPST if stuck at the LG Logo. I can not stress that enough, and I’m not responsible for any damages done to your phone or your computer due to incompetence and lack of common sense! This will only work for those who want to bring your phone back to a One hundred percent factory state only! Let’s move on if your ready to do so!

Note 2: After flashing your phone back to stock, you have to do a factory reset after in order to get it to factory. It will replace all the missing apps and everything like that just for some reason you have to do a factory reset after , which is kind of pointless of using LGNPST but your have to in order for all the apps to show up.

Step 1: Very first thing to do is to download the drivers in the links above, by copying and paste them into your browser.

Step 2
: Open the files for LGNPST to a folder and extract these files to your desktop in a folder for easy access. LGNTPS_Components_Ver_5_0_12_0.msi, LGNTPS_General_v1.2_Lab_Version.msi, LGNTPS_Generic_Models_ver_5_0_10_0.msi , Also extract LGNTPST.exe and the Model and the cdaworkshop folders.

Step 3
: Run LGNTPS_General_v1.2_Lab_Version.msi file, let it install if ask for reboot do it. Then run LGNTPS_Components_Ver_5_0_12_0.msi and let it install if ask for reboot do it. Then Run (If for some reason you get a Error just run the install again.) then LGNTPS_Generic_Models_ver_5_0_10_0.msi let it install if ask for reboot do it.

Step 4
: After all these files install, locate the LGNTPS.exe file on your desktop and copy it to: C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST. Make a shortcut to the desktop because it`s required to run the program. Also copy the Model folder on your desktop to C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST as well. Go to C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Model and copy over the vs910.dll file and place it in the model folder.

Step 5
: Then once you have done that, make sure you right click on the Reggie.exe and go to Compatibility mode, then in the drop down menu, make sure it is in Windows XP Mode, and also check the box for Administrative rights and apply and hit ok. Then drag and drop the vs910.dll over reggie.exe and it should register perfectly.

Step 6
: Connect your phone and make sure usb debugging is on and also internet connection is checked. Run LGNTPS from your desktop shortcut. Click on File and select dll and the vs910.dll should be in the list and checked. Then once that is loaded up in the bok where it says “unknown phone” and displays com port double click on that to enable it. Make sure the program is set to Provision option and under Provision should be Upgrade. Where it says bin File click on the folder and look for the MS910ZVB_01.SB_01.P3018.R1003.tot. Point it to were you have the firmware tot located and copy and paste the name in the file name directory and press enter, and it should load with no problem in the bin location.

Step 7
: After that is done click start, the program needs the SPC code. So open cdaworkshop on your destop and open cdma workshop.exe. After the programs load select your COM port where the cellphone is connected (It is shown on the right side of LGNTPS on the phone info tab) then click connect. Go to the security tab and where it says SPC scroll down and select the LG method. Click read and write down the your SPC code, then type it in LGNTPS and the process of updating your phone should begin. When the cell phone restart DON`T do anything to your phone (don`t even touch it until it reaches 100%). After it reaches 100% You will have a nice squeaky clean LG Esteem!

Note: (You may have to do a factory reset under Privacy in settings just in case you don’t see all the files, but it does work.)

I hope this guide has helped you set up LGNPST for the Esteem, I tried to make this as simple and n00b proof as possible, and if it did work for you please say thanks! All credit goes to Joneidy for this guide. I just edit it to work for the Esteem for those who want a factory fresh phone since there has been a lot of confusion.

Reactions: starstress
so i couldnt use this just to re-write the prl on my phone like normal with lgnspt (qpst wont recognize my phone for some reason)

Yea you can use this to write your prl manually if you want just click on the PRL tab and browse for the PRL file where you have it, and click write. Or you can do it the easy way and dial *228 then when prompted to just ask for the latest roaming list, and will update you to PRL 3026. Hope this helps!

Reactions: starstress
Upvote 0
Yea you can use this to write your prl manually if you want just click on the PRL tab and browse for the PRL file where you have it, and click write. Or you can do it the easy way and dial *228 then when prompted to just ask for the latest roaming list, and will update you to PRL 3026. Hope this helps!
Yeah I did that and like alot of people have stated Ive noticed 3026 is worse than 3025 so I wanna go back

Upvote 0
Yeah I did that and like alot of people have stated Ive noticed 3026 is worse than 3025 so I wanna go back

Only way I know how to write the PRL manually is through LGNPST. I don't know how to do it with QPST. Try using LGNPST to write it manually with the 3025 and I will try to help you out as best I can.

Upvote 0
Only way I know how to write the PRL manually is through LGNPST. I don't know how to do it with QPST. Try using LGNPST to write it manually with the 3025 and I will try to help you out as best I can.
I got them both working and re-wrote it. qpst is cool but I prefer lgnpst so thanks again for this post

Upvote 0
The guide is good also wanted to add is that users can try update to the latest firmware using the lg updater tool to see if that works once that work u can downgrade following http://androidforums.com/esteem-all...b-root-those-who-updated-zvc.html#post3717483 for root btw the tot u have provided its not for revolution is it i hope not

Well the firmware file IS for the Esteem, but the vs910.dll is for the Revolution. This method does work to restore your phone. I have done more then 3 times, just to confirm it. If you search the Esteem forum, someone posted a thread on were they got the dll. and tot file from. I did not do it personally, and don't take any credit for it. I personally my self been trying to upgrade to the latest firmware but have been unsuccessful in doing so. I can't neither deny or confirm that downgrading from the C update back to B, will work but, you can try it at YOUR own RISK! Only reason to update anyways is for those who are having slow boot up times, and it WILL block root access! It will be pointless to update if you want to be rooted. I just wanted to make this guide so it will help people to register the vs910.dll until we can get the ms910.dll working properly.

Upvote 0
Wanted to give a thanks for your tutorial here. But wanted to add in a problem and a solution I can into along the way with all this.

I followed Directions to a T here and I still was unable to register the dll file.
after a ton of google searches and forumn reading I came across this fix to solve my issue.

I am using Windows 8 and this was the fix I got .

Go to your search glass in windows 8 type command Prompt right click on the command prompt and run as administrator
Type EXACTLY or right click copy then right click Paste into the command prompt
regsvr32.exe "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Models\VS910.dll

walla everything was good to go after that. I can't take credit for this but wanted to pass along my fix and maybe save someone else a Headache.

Credit goes to this Page here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1211295&page=2

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones